Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had trouble with low progesterone?

(4 Posts)
JellyBeanDavey Mon 06-May-13 21:04:54

Hey

After recent blood tests I was told i had low progesterone, I was wondering if anyone had had this trouble and whether it got better, got did you get pregnant etc etc

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 07-May-13 07:08:11

Who told you this result?.

Low progesterone can also arise as a result of other hormone levels like LH and FSH being out of sync. LH and FSH are very important as these kickstart the ovulation process. This can be tested for on a day 2 blood test. Its not something that will get better on its own.

Do you have a diagnosis of the underlying problem?.

EuroShaggleton Tue 07-May-13 20:37:43

Low progesterone at day 21 usually means there has not been ovulation. What other investigations have you had?

Totesamazeballs Tue 07-May-13 21:07:41

Hi!

I too have low progesterone. Got tested last month on day 5 and day 18 (my cycles are 21-25 days) and my progesterone was 7.9. I asked to be tested as I suspected that might be the case - my LP seemed to be coming up as 8 days.

Doc said with that level I didn't ovulate so wants to retest again this month. If it comes back as normal then she will dismiss it as 'just one of those month's', but if not then I will get referred for more tests. Sigh.

My other hormones came back as normal though. I think it's normal to not ovulate every now and again (depending upon your age).

From what I gather, if it's just low progesterone that is the issue, it's quite treatable. However, on the NHS I think you have to go through quite a few more tests before they give you any treatment.

I want to know why I have low progesterone (if it isn't a one-off). It was on the lowish side of normal before I got pregnant with my DS but still within normal range and it took long enough the first time. Why now, when I am supposed to be more fertile after having 1 child, does it go screwy. Wondering how much stress has to play in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now