Talk

Advanced search

Robitussin to increase EWCM?

(10 Posts)
Amanda01 Fri 19-May-06 12:53:24

Hiya :D has anyone tried taking cough medicine with 'robitussin' to increase their EWCM? It seems the american's swear by it, anyone here used it with any success?

I never seem to have much EWCM, possibly why i'm not pregnant yet?? We tried pre-seed for a couple of month, but it didn't work & its pretty expensive!!

Does anyone have any other tricks for a lack of EWCM? Any advice would be much appreciated

xXx

BrilMUM Fri 19-May-06 13:03:43

Hi Mate ...try a glass of grape fruit juice & about three primrose tablets a day. It worked for me & i know lot of other ladies are using this as well.

peachygirl Fri 19-May-06 13:09:05

Hi I take Evening Primrose. Quite stong capsules I think 1050mg from boots I found this really helped everything after I had my implant out. If you have been taking any kind of hormonal contraception CM seems to be affected and can take a while to return. I take it up to ovulation and have also found it has really helped with sore boobs too. I get hardly any pain even before AF. Some people go for grapefruitt juice too but I couldn't stomach it everyday. You don't have to have ecwm to get pregnant it just help the sperms on tir way and is a good inicator of your very fertile time. Robotussin is good but I don't know wether you take it everyday but hope this helps.

Piffle Fri 19-May-06 13:14:50

you can also try pre seed lubricant - sperm friendly allegedly, think a few on here have had conception joy with it!

Amanda01 Fri 19-May-06 16:57:52

Thanks girls I quite like grapefruit so i'll give that a go, and maybe the evening primrose aswell. We tried the pre-seed, but had no luck with in

xXx

trace2 Fri 19-May-06 18:45:08

dont take robitussin' i asked at the clinci it can cause, bith defects take grape fruit juice, and epo, thats what i take,

Amanda01 Fri 19-May-06 20:06:56

Ooh yikes!! Thanks Trace, i'll keep away then!! I'd better mention that to others who are taking it already!!!!

xXx

trace2 Fri 19-May-06 20:13:40

yes please do im my book( taking charge of your fertilty) it does mention a cough mixture, thats why i asked at the clinic, but they said people, use to much, so they said its better to leave alone, because of this it can cause birth defects

Amanda01 Sat 20-May-06 10:06:04

Ok, cool, thanks.

With the evening primrose oil, i assume you take it the 2 weeks between AF & ovulation, then not in the following 2 weeks?

xXx

trace2 Sat 20-May-06 16:10:29

upto ovulation, yes it too can do damage taken at the wrong time, i take a high dose, from day 1 of af until i think ive ovulated

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: