Talk

Advanced search

TTC while breastfeeding

(9 Posts)
Wildwaterfalls Sun 05-May-13 19:18:22

I'm sure this has been done before, but any positive stories re TTC while breastfeeding.

Planning to start in a month or so, but my periods have still not returned even though we're now down to 3-4 feeds in a 24 hour period, so plenty of long stretches without feeds in between.

Has anyone been successful under these conditions? I don't want to drop feeds unless DD drops them herself really, but equally would like my periods back! smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 05-May-13 21:46:22

Yes I conceived whilst bfing and if you post this in the breast & bottle section, I'm sure you'll get many more positive stories smile

My periods came back both times at around 18 months, had put them in their own rooms at about 14 months so the night feeds had decreased.

How old is your Lo?

FredKiller Sun 05-May-13 21:51:26

I was still feeding through the night and several times a day when i got up duffed 18 weeks ago. My cycles were all over the place, although a period of sorts had returned around 11 months in.

Good luck!

Wildwaterfalls Sun 05-May-13 21:59:46

Ah, thanks both, very encouraging!

DD is 8 months and tends to breastfeed at 7am, 11am, 7pm and then once during the night. No period although I have had days when it feels things might be going on - aches and pains. Fingers crossed everything is working properly.

I have heard of people conceiving while bf, but it would be so nice to know what's going on / when to ttc etc.!

Wildwaterfalls Sun 05-May-13 22:00:30

Oh and congratulations Fred!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 05-May-13 22:12:46

Yes congratulations fred thanks

wild have you read the fertility info on kellymom?

Wildwaterfalls Sun 05-May-13 22:32:49

Thanks JJJ - have just had a read and it's a very comprehensive explanation.

Sounds like an abrupt change in feeding (eg dropping a feed) is more likely to result in the return of fertility. Hmm. Time to start thinking about night weaning perhaps. So hard though as it is such a lovely and quick way to settle DD.

SuperFurrySlippers Sun 05-May-13 22:45:57

Hi Wildwaterfalls, there is a TTC while bf thread a bit further down called Absent AF, (can't link on phone) if you want to join us, many in the same boat as you.

Wildwaterfalls Mon 06-May-13 09:04:57

Ah thanks SFS, will have a look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now