Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have ovulation bleeding during their cycle?

(6 Posts)
BNmum Sat 04-May-13 21:40:17

I'm currently cd19 and experiencing some light brownish bleeding. I have an irregular cycle (from 31-60 days) and I'm wondering if this could be ovulation bleeding? I'm also experiencing some mellow cramping.

I had a stitch like pain and slight increase in cm on Tuesday which I thought may signal ovulation but nothing since. Any idea what's going on?

BadTemperedLadybird Sat 04-May-13 21:51:28

I had similarly irregular periods and spotting mid-cycle. In my case it was a sign I wasn't ovulating properly due to PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). Not to say this your issue but it might be worth speaking to your GP about it. Just to let you know, I did conceive my DD following treatment, taking medication which helped me ovulate

BNmum Sun 05-May-13 08:11:43

Thanks for your reply Badtempered . This is the first time this has happened to me, I'm ttc #2 so I know I must ovulate albeit irregularly. I'll keep an eye on it and if it continues I'll take your advice and go to the gp.

It looks to be heavier this morning and a bright/fresh colour so I'm thinking af may have arrived early.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 05-May-13 09:19:19

I would go to the GP, do not delay unduly here. I also thought of PCOS when I read your post; this is a common cause of irregular periods.

With irregular cycles you are not likely to be ovulating regularly if at all so I would seek medical advice asap.

BadTemperedLadybird Sun 05-May-13 12:10:29

Good luck TTC baby number 2 BN

BNmum Tue 07-May-13 19:37:00

Thank you both, I think you could be right I may have some degree of PCOS as other family members have it too. My gp knows about my family history and my irregular periods but have said to try for 12months then get back to them especially as I managed to conceive my first child after 3 cycles. This is only my first month of trying and the first time I've ever had a cycle as short as 20 days. I will however go back to the gp if I have any more short cycles as this is a new development.

I used OPKs on the month I conceived my DS so may get some more. I had vowed to take things easy and see what happens but this curve ball is making me rethink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now