Talk

Advanced search

Coming off the pill and TTC

(6 Posts)
Mistyautumn Sat 04-May-13 12:03:00

I have just come off the pill as DH and I have decided it is time to TTC. Stopped pill on Tuesday and have started bleeding this morning. Question for anyone else who has come off pill - could I have AF this quickly or is it withdrawal bleeding?

Answers on a postcard please!

HadALittleFaithBaby Sat 04-May-13 12:35:45

I'd class that as withdrawal bleed - the next time you bleed after this would be your first proper AF. Hth - good luck!

K8eee Sat 04-May-13 13:59:35

Hi misty, I was pretty similar to you. Came off the pill march, am ttc and have first bleed a week after. Then my first proper cycle and Oh my god watch out for your first af as and when it comes. I don't think my periods have ever been as bad as what I experienced for that week. Was one hell of a long week too! Good luck ttcsmile

Mistyautumn Sat 04-May-13 14:21:32

Thanks guys, that is great. Makes me feel a little less of a lunatic. I get the feeling that lunacy is going to be part of TTC for me!

K8eee Sat 04-May-13 14:56:34

Haha me and dh are a pair of loonies trying to Dtd every other day at least just so some of the little blight era are up there all the time grin

blueamber Sat 04-May-13 18:36:06

Yeah, it will be a fake period. If you stopped at the end of a strip, the first week is just like the normal stop week. It's when you no longer take the pill after that week that everything start working again, so to say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now