Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

when to stop alcohol and bad stuff ?

(10 Posts)
fredly Thu 18-May-06 17:50:35

I'm trying to conceive number 2 and was just wondering out of interest when alcohol and other bad stuff start to actually be harmful to the fetus. Does anyone know ?

coggy Thu 18-May-06 17:59:19

Depends who you ask..........3 months before conceiving is the proper answer but hey....
let's get real!!!

fredly Thu 18-May-06 18:00:16

what ?!

coggy Thu 18-May-06 18:03:16

Exactly......!

coggy Thu 18-May-06 18:06:12

I think that alcohol is 'harmful' at any time although small amounts are probably okay.

I drank LOADS of wine one night before I found out I was pg. We'd been ttc for nearly 5 years so I had given up giving up if you see what I mean!!!
A friend of mine was the same and after drinking plenty played a gladiator game on a blow-up ring thing prodding each other off with massive pokey sticks - her dd is healthy and beautiful but a COMPLETE surprise (especially as she was several weeks pg that night!!)

Hopecat Thu 18-May-06 18:45:26

I read something that said that women TTC their first were more likely to conceive if they drank moderately (8 units a week or less), but women trying to conceive their second conceived more quickly if they didn't drink at all.

Hopecat Thu 18-May-06 18:45:28

I read something that said that women TTC their first were more likely to conceive if they drank moderately (8 units a week or less), but women trying to conceive their second conceived more quickly if they didn't drink at all.

coggy Thu 18-May-06 20:58:56

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....interesting...but bad news for me then!!
I'd better put down the beer in my hand
Twigletness has gone out of the window tonight - feeling pre-menstr. so massive amount of cake and a beer or two...soon sort me out!!

jellyjelly Thu 18-May-06 21:58:35

I swear getting drunk helps me to get pregnant. fell pregnant both times when so very very drunk and one was after i had been on a hen do that night and obviosuly came home feeling fruity.

Adorabelle Thu 18-May-06 23:05:51

The night before I found out I was pregnant I had
been to a very boozy Anne Summers party. Got through bottle and a half of wine, 2 breezers & 2 vodka tonics! Can't remember getting home or
placing a 70quid order but thankfully my dd was
totally uneffected. I had a hangover for 3 days

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: