Talk

Advanced search

?IVF

(3 Posts)
Trelights Thu 02-May-13 19:57:20

Hi All - I'm new to this site and any feedback would be really appreciated! I'm 43 with 2 healthy children. Since the birth of my youngest 2 years ago I have had 4 early miscarriages. One consultant has said it's my age and IVF is my only hope - another has said a course of Clomid and I should conceive naturally. My AMH is 8, day 21 progesterone is 23 and my FSH is 9.2. Me and my husband need to make a decision - and as we'll have to pay privately, any advice would be great. Many thanks

buzzybee123 Thu 02-May-13 23:44:32

trelights he actually said it was your age!! IVF was your only hope??? Um you are 3 years older than me and have a better AMH than me, sounds like your consultant would just shoot me and put me out of my misery smile

You seem to be able get pregnant and that is mainly what IVF is about also I don't think IVF would necessarily stop you miscarrying, have you had any immune testing, are you on blood thinners, did they test the embryos after the miscarriages I think more investigations would be a start as to why you have miscarried, maybe consider a few rounds of clomid before going for IVF.

I had 2 miscarriages and was testing for immunes and blood clotting issues, I came back with high nk cells, I wish you all the best

Trelights Fri 03-May-13 18:01:44

Hi Buzzybee123

Thanks so much! Yes should have mentioned had all the immunes and clotting which were fine and I take a baby Aspirin every day now too. I haven't had any embryo testing though as said they MC all too early. It's all so confusing isn't it!

Sorry for your 2 miscarriages too. Have they offered you any sort of help with your high nk cells??

I really wish the best for you too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now