Talk

Advanced search

When should I POAS?

(20 Posts)
MortifiedAdams Thu 02-May-13 12:59:28

Doing vague TTCing, what would be DC2. Havent had much chance for shagging but I know when I ovulated (get ovulation pains), and we dtd the day after, and had DTD coincidentally two daya before.OV. I.dont know my cycle length, lutal (sp) phases etc as with DD we justDTD every other day and fell pregnant in the second month.

My period should be starting at the start of the month but as I.dont track it yet, it could have been due up to two days ago or could still be two days away.

Im at a wedding tomorrow, so.potentially could be drinking lots and lots of gin so am.tempted to test but even if BFN, I suppose it could still end up a BFP in a few days....

What to doooo......

RawCoconutMacaroon Thu 02-May-13 13:10:46

The important thing is ovulation date, no matter how long or short the cycle, if you ovulated and are not pregnant, a period would be due 14 days after you ovulated... Most tests even the cheap ones will pick up a positive result 2or3 days before the period is due, although the line may be quite pale... If you anticipate a wild weekend of drinking, probably a good idea to poas before. As it is early in the possible pregnancy, don't wee for 4 hrs, then test! The wee will be stronger.

RawCoconutMacaroon Thu 02-May-13 13:11:45

<has poas quite a few times> grin

MortifiedAdams Thu 02-May-13 13:15:23

So in theory I might not get AF til Sunday then....which could make it too early to POAS.

MortifiedAdams Thu 02-May-13 13:15:58

I had a pee at 8am and havent been since, but have had a cuppa - not sure if that affects result?

RawCoconutMacaroon Thu 02-May-13 13:23:57

So, 11 days post ovulation now? That is early to test but not impossible.
Wedding is Friday?

If you want the reassurance- test tomorrow morning (don't waste money on expensive first response, IME the cheap ones will also pick up early positives, just look for a colour line, possibly showing up towards the end of the "read within" time (might say, 10min, 30min, it varies).

If the test is negative, enjoy your weekend- if the potential baby hasn't yet implanted and started producing hormones, its not taking nutrient from you... So shouldnt be affected by alcohol.

RawCoconutMacaroon Thu 02-May-13 13:26:26

It's fine to drink something, but if you go for 4 hrs without peeing it will be more concentrate - don't drink gallons or you won't last 4 hrs!

RawCoconutMacaroon Thu 02-May-13 13:27:17

In fact, you have already lasted 4plus hours grin

MortifiedAdams Thu 02-May-13 13:29:13

Have a bladder of steel grin

I have a two pack of Asda own brand in the bathroom, and am contemplating.....

RawCoconutMacaroon Thu 02-May-13 13:30:29

Oh go on... You know you want to! The other one you can use tomorrow to back up the result. smile

RawCoconutMacaroon Thu 02-May-13 13:32:15

Do you have any suspicious symptoms of potential pregnancy? <nosy>

MortifiedAdams Thu 02-May-13 13:32:44

Im doing it.

«like, in a minute, not literally right now»

RawCoconutMacaroon Thu 02-May-13 13:33:35

grin!

MortifiedAdams Thu 02-May-13 13:37:17

Felt a bit queasy the other day but had pigged out.

Last month I was manic symptom spotting but turns out it was preAF symptoms. This month I have no symptoms of any sort.

RawCoconutMacaroon Thu 02-May-13 13:38:29

Intriguing...

coffeewineandchocolate Thu 02-May-13 13:56:50

good luck!

MortifiedAdams Thu 02-May-13 13:59:25

bfn....sad

RawCoconutMacaroon Thu 02-May-13 14:04:49

sad but on the plus side, you can go and have a fantastic wedding event tomorrow smile

Jenijena Thu 02-May-13 14:05:14

Pours you an extra large glass of wine at that wedding...

MortifiedAdams Thu 02-May-13 15:33:23

Certainly will!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now