Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible?

(6 Posts)
iMammy Wed 01-May-13 14:21:29

Ok I know the only thing that will give me an answer is a pregnancy test but would like opinions on whether chances are low/high of becoming pregnant.

We have 3 children ages 9-2, 3 years between each, no problems conceiving.

I had 28 day cycle until I had ds2 ( number 3) it's been 29-31 days. Contraception we use is condoms because I suffer with migraines and hormones make it worse and I had the mirena between number 2 and 3 and it went AWOL and had to be surgically removed.

Dh thinks he may have been a bit late putting on condom last month around time of ovulation, maybe 2 days after ovulation and climaxed soon afterwards. My period was 1 day early but not my usual heaviness and old blood, not red, but still normal flow. I usually get migraines when I ovulate and premenstray and I didn't get a migraine and now haven't had my ovulation migraine, my hair is silky and skin is awful, and I just can't wake up at all, I'm getting plenty of sleep but keep accidentally falling asleep and find it hard to wake up in the mornings.

Should pregnancy be a consideration or look into other problems with my health?

EuroShaggleton Wed 01-May-13 14:39:26

Your first paragraph has the answer - do a test. No one on here can tell you whether or not you could be pregnant. If it's negative, then see the GP for other investigations.

iMammy Wed 01-May-13 15:12:45

I guess I'm not mentally prepared for a positive test. A new baby is a gift but we had decided not to have any more and my dh is waiting for a vasectomy, we are also in the middle of preparing to move with his job to the Middle East and I've spent 4.5 months of each pregnancy hospitalised with complications. I guess I'm hoping I'm worried for nothing sad

Will ask dh to get one on his way home and do it together.

Leafmould Wed 01-May-13 16:37:40

A bit late putting the condom on? Does he mean bolting the gate after the horse has gone?

I do hope you gat the result you want, good luck.

iMammy Wed 01-May-13 16:56:02

leafmould, he was close but not at the finish line. I was up to my eyes the rest of the week with kids appointments that I didn't even think to get the MAP!! so stupid!!! Shouldn't have left it so long to make the decision to get the snip! If I'd known he was going to hum and haw about it I would have told my OBGYN tie my tubes after number 3 was born!

Leafmould Wed 01-May-13 17:33:14

Have you poas yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now