Talk

Advanced search

has clomid, made you ovulate! late in cycle???

(8 Posts)
trace2 Thu 18-May-06 11:52:25

just wondering

Rachee Thu 18-May-06 11:54:26

according to others, the more you take the later you ov...

trace2 Thu 18-May-06 12:03:20

thanks Rachee , i have a temp rise on day 21 so i might have on day 20, but af usally from day 22 to 28

saltcod Thu 18-May-06 20:38:58

Hi, clomid made me ovulate 5 days earlier..... and made my cycle 2 days longer.

Gingerbear Mon 22-May-06 13:49:17

Hi Trace, was looking for you - my blood test results are still not back - I need an appt with my GP to discuss as they won't give them over the phone.
I ov'd on day 18 - later than normal, but I don't think I have been ov'ing recently prior to clomid anyway.

I started my period yesterday , but at least I had no premenstrual spotting - a good sign that my progesterone levels are high again post OV - so clomid is doing something.

dizzy36 Thu 25-May-06 13:55:35

gingerbear, you mentioned premenstrual spotting can be do with low? prog levels....would you mind explaining that to me please? I have premensrual spotting for a day or two before af starts...I've been told its down to a fibroid and also been told it could be to do with hormone imbalance...never thought to ask any further because I assumed if there was a imbalance thats causing me to not conceive then they would do something about it.

Also, I usually ovulate around day 13/14, on 1st cycle of chlomid ovulated late on day 18. so yes it can make you ovulate late and in turn a longer cycle

Gingerbear Wed 31-May-06 15:54:05

Dizzy, sorry for not replying sooner - I found an article on line about Luteal Phase Defect, I saved a copy on home computer - will link later. In the meantime, here are some causes of spotting (can occur at various times in the cycle)
Mine was 2 days spotting, one day nothing, then next day AF - every cycle before I went on clomid.

Chandra Wed 31-May-06 15:57:32

My cycles were so irregular that when my period didn't arrive on the day I was expecting it I thought clomid had failed... a couple of minutes before it dawned on me that I could be pregnant... and was!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: