Talk

Advanced search

strange period

(6 Posts)
Bunnygotwhacked Tue 30-Apr-13 10:27:22

Hi am new to this part of the site have a bit of a tale to tell and wondering if any of you have a clue what is going on with me.
Me and dp started actively trying 3 weeks ago for dc4 lmp started on the 01/04 and finished 05/04 which would put me due 03/05 if i am working it out right.
So my period which came last night is early which is not usual for me I'm late if anything by one or two days but we have had a bit of an upheaval recently moving etc so that could of messed it up a bit.
Here comes the TMI part at first it was just a small amount of brown blood which made me think implantation but this morning I am bleeding lightly and it's more light pink in colour and a bit mucasy boak rather than the usual darker red. My periods are normally very heavy and dark red till the last few days.
So my question is am i just having a light period or something else?
Good work if you managed to read this over breakfast thank you

babyrose Tue 30-Apr-13 18:05:08

Hi bunny, are u still bleeding just now? Implantation can last a few days. Im not sure when you could test tho, maybe someone else could answer that.

firstpregnancy Wed 01-May-13 13:33:03

Hi there,

(I really must change my username as DS is nearly 2 now!).

I can't give you a definitive answer, I'm afraid, but it does sound a bit like implantation bleeding and similar to something I've had the last couple of days. It's also possible it could be your period coming early though, so I don't want to get your hopes up.

I didn't think that my period was due until Fri or Sat at the earliest, but it seemed to start early on Monday morning. I'm usually fairly regular and have been off the pill for 3 months now, although this is our first month ttc. I did have implantation bleeding with DS though and it was only a tiny bit of blood a couple of mornings when I wiped (sorry if tmi).

This time, it started as if it was a real period, but never got heavier and I didn't need to put a tampon in. It has all but finished now so it only lasted 2 days really. And, yes, it did seem kind of gloopy (sorry again if tmi). So now it is a waiting game.

If I were you, I'd wait until you thought you were supposed to have AF before testing, as if it is implantation bleeding I think it takes a few days for the levels of hormones to rise sufficiently to show up on a test. I think we may be in the same boat however!

Bunnygotwhacked Thu 02-May-13 22:44:58

Sorry it's taken a few days to get back to this thankyou for the replies It's a period came on full flow mid way through the next day but C'est la vie there is always next month smile

charleylarlie Fri 03-May-13 13:49:35

Sorry to hear that, Bunny. Good luck for next month - I've got my fingers crossed for you. I'm still playing a waiting game as can't test for another couple of days, so nothing to report here either. X

charleylarlie Fri 03-May-13 14:14:49

P.S. BTW I have changed my username - I was firstpregnancy earlier in the thread! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now