Talk

Advanced search

Back ache?

(11 Posts)
beela Tue 30-Apr-13 08:11:08

Soooo.... I've had really bad lower back ache for 24 hours now. I usually do get a twinge for about 3 hours at the very start of my period but not this strong. I'm moving around like an old lady, not ideal with a lively 2yo!

I POAS this morning and BFN, but I have irregular cycles and so I'm not entirely sure when AF is due - sometime in the next 3 weeks I think confused

Also feeling a bit bloated and sicky but that could also be my imagination and/or PMT. Gah!

Can back ache be a symptom of early pg? Or am I being over-optimistic, and it's just AF being particularly mean this month?

babyrose Tue 30-Apr-13 08:43:38

I had strong pressure and backache last nite and cramp on lower abdomen.
It could be implantation, I had this with ds and it was sore I think it lasted for a few hrs as it did last nite.

beela Tue 30-Apr-13 09:06:59

Thanks babyrose, fingers crossed then that it's not just wishful thinking on my part smile

babyrose Tue 30-Apr-13 11:15:24

Good luck!

beela Tue 30-Apr-13 12:06:55

You too!

Shnook Fri 03-May-13 23:59:41

Ooh, I've been wondering the exact same thing. Have had lower back ache all day - kind of like you get with AF but I havent had painful AFs since I was a teen. AF is due in about 3-5 days (bit irregular these days)....Good luck ladies!

beela Sun 05-May-13 22:12:03

Huh. AF arrived on Friday night. Back ache still here though sad so obviously down to something else. Still, at least I can now take ibuprofen and alcohol to help, without worrying!

Hope others got a better result smile

Shnook Sun 05-May-13 23:06:10

Sorry to hear about your BFN sad
So hard not to get excited when you feel something new/different. Hope you have better luck next month.

My back ache only lasted a day. I'm still waiting for AF though I'm by no means late as it's day 26 and my cycle lately has been between 25-29 days. Did a pg test today (because I'm an impatient idiot!) and of course it was bfn. This 2ww and symptom-spotting is so much harder when you're naturally really impatient!!

Shnook Tue 07-May-13 19:53:06

Got my af this morning sad....

beela Sat 11-May-13 16:49:06

sad

Sorry to hear that shnook.

Perhaps this month could be the month for both of us?? Fingers crossed.

Shnook Sat 11-May-13 18:43:17

Actually, turns out it's not af - am pregnant....but having on/off light bleed for 5 days now. Have fretted about it on another post for a few days now..have seen gp and waiting to see what happens.

Hope you get some luck this month, Beela smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now