Talk

Advanced search

TTC baby #1; UTI caused by sex and holding on to the precious sperm!

(4 Posts)
K8eee Fri 26-Apr-13 10:58:50

Just after some advice really on the above. I've got myself a UTI and luckily I have caught it early on and got myself some antibiotics. I know exactly how I have got it as dh and I are ttc and being desperate I'm holding onto the little buggers once we have dtd. Previously I would go to the toilet after sex as I have been told this helps with keeping your pee hole and the tube clean afterwards. Obviously I'm trying to avoid that so just wondering whether there is any advice anyone can give to hopefully prevent any future uti'shmm

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 26-Apr-13 12:15:43

K8eee

There is no need to "hold onto" sperm post sex as enough sperm will get to the cervix anyway from where they cannot escape. Also some leakage anyway happens and this is perfectly normal.

Holding on or putting legs up in the air post sex is a conception myth and does more harm than good.

Do use the toilet post sex.

ShowOfHands Fri 26-Apr-13 12:24:55

The ever knowledgeable Attila is right.

You should always go to the toilet after sex to prevent UTIs. Sitting with your bum on a cushion or not going to the loo will not make it more likely that you will conceive. In fact, a good sperm will be fired up in the right place and will do its job regardless. Please do go to the toilet after sex. You should expect leakage afterwards, it's normal and no hindrance to conception.

K8eee Fri 26-Apr-13 13:47:49

Thanks fellow m'netters! I'm so conscious that they won't so they're job properly so I'll stick with the peeing after sex to keep things normalsmile hopefully AB won't give me the dreaded thrushhmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now