Talk

Advanced search

Is this a myth or is there any truth to it? (WARNING: I read it on B&B)

(6 Posts)
KirstyoffEastenders Wed 24-Apr-13 09:49:00

I've recently had a mc at 5 weeks (11 days ago) and I was wondering how long it would be before I ovulate again so I googled the question and one of the top answers was on Baby & Bump. A lot of women were saying that you can be more fertile after a mc and there's a good chance I could be ovulating this weekend (assuming I take the first day of bleeding as if it were a normal period).

Thoughts?

KirstyoffEastenders Wed 24-Apr-13 10:38:28

anyone?

ScarlettInSpace Wed 24-Apr-13 12:31:52

I don't have any experience that can help but didn't want to read & run - I have heard countless women on here say you can be more fertile in the month following mc [I guess because your progesterone & HCG levels are high, which help the process] but I've no idea if it is fact or anecdotal, sorry!

Earhat Wed 24-Apr-13 13:26:38

Hi Kirsty
I'm so sorry to hear about your mc. I hope things feel better soon. I was told that it is possible to conceive quickly as the cervix may be open making things easier. I have also been told the reasons Scarlett stated above. I was also informed that it was a good idea to wait for at least one cycle as it takes a while for the body to recover. No sure how much, if any of this is true? Wishing you lots of luck.

KirstyoffEastenders Wed 24-Apr-13 15:01:28

Thanks, I think I'll carry on trying this month rather than wait for the next cycle.

freelancescientist Wed 24-Apr-13 19:39:46

It is possible but in my experience it took me 2 or 3 months each time for my cycles to become regular again so if I was ttc I'd have driven myself mad with testing etc and not knowing when to time everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now