Talk

Advanced search

8 weeks since mmc,no period... G.P?

(4 Posts)
Shellywelly1973 Tue 23-Apr-13 13:31:33

I had a mmc at 12 weeks,8 weeks ago.
I had an ERPC 8 weeks tomorrow. My cycle was every 25/27 days but i still have not had a period.

Has anyone else experienced this? I knew not to expect my first period for 4-6 weeks but now i am getting worried.

I've done pg tests but obviously all negative. Im 40 in a few months so don't have time to waste!

Should i go to the GP? What would they do? I have children so presumed everything would go back to normal.

any advice appreciated.

TIA.

Shellywelly1973 Tue 23-Apr-13 14:44:13

Anyone?

EuroShaggleton Tue 23-Apr-13 15:00:34

Hi Shelly. Sorry to hear about your mc. I would go to the dr. It could be that there is a bit of something that was missed on the ERPC that is holding up everything getting back to normal. I hope you get back to normal very soon.

browneyesblue Tue 23-Apr-13 15:24:36

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had an ERPC following a MMC, and it took over 10 weeks for my period to return. The wait was frustrating, to say the least.

I would go and see your GP and ask whether you can have a beta HCG blood test. In my case, my HCG levels were lower than most home tests would pick up (25mIU/ml), but higher than 5mIU/ml. Less than 5mIU/ml is considered 'not pregnant'. My period only returned once my levels dropped completely.

2 consecutive blood tests would see if your HCG levels have dropped completely, and if not, could confirm that they were falling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now