Talk

Advanced search

Acupuncture - does it work

(8 Posts)
Natty1806 Tue 16-May-06 14:30:24

Hi all

Period are between 7-10 weeks apart, not ovulating, on nhs waiting list for gyne appointment. Was wondering if anyone in a similar situation to me had used it and how long does it take to see a result i.e regular periods with ovulation?

Many thanks

TuttiFrutti Wed 17-May-06 12:39:28

There was an article in Eve magazine about this last month, and 5 readers claimed acupuncture had got them pregnant (well, that and sex too, IYSWIM). Can't remember the name of the guy in Harley Street who they recommended and I'm afraid I no longer have teh article, but it looks like in theory it can work - they claimed they felt a twinge in their wombs after acupuncutre sessions.

shazronnie Wed 17-May-06 12:52:22

I had been ttc for 18mths but irregular cycle, v light bleeds etc.
I went to chinese doctor because I was feeling very low and exhausted; didn't mention the ttc, but he picked up on the low menstrual flow.

had some acupuncture and some disgusting herbal tea for a few weeks, and felt better. My cycle def improved and I bled slightly more.

Fell pregnant about 3 mths later!
Was it the treatment or was it because I was healthier in general? I don't know, but I am inclined to believe it helped.

Natty1806 Wed 17-May-06 13:17:57

Thanks, must admit i am tempted to have it done, but not sure about how much it will cost in the long term.

Might plan to start it when i put on clomid so i am doing both together. Double my chances IYSWIM.

Natty1806 Wed 17-May-06 13:18:01

Thanks, must admit i am tempted to have it done, but not sure about how much it will cost in the long term.

Might plan to start it when i put on clomid so i am doing both together. Double my chances IYSWIM.

ShouldKnowByFriday Wed 17-May-06 23:34:40

Natty, two summers ago I used to have really long cycles and I don't think i ovulated. I then read about eve prim oil and took x2 500mg per day and my cycle went back to normal which was 32-34 days as opposed to 46/52 days. I am also doing acupuncture at the moment in my quest to ttc

Natty1806 Thu 18-May-06 08:54:13

I shall try that then, am i correct in thinking that once ovulation (if it does) happened you should stop taking them and then start again once AF has arrived???

trace2 Thu 18-May-06 09:09:14

natty yes, when you think youve ovulated stop taking, ive been taking epo too, and i think am going to try acupunture,i went to a chinease doc, he said i needed it, but i thought better of it,but am on clomid now so i think am going to combine it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: