Talk

Advanced search

milk coming out of breasts - could this be sign of pregnancy?

(5 Posts)
AgathaPinchBottom Sun 21-Apr-13 14:38:51

A question on behalf of my dsis - she has had one child (who is now two) and would like another. Over the last week, some liquid and then some milk coloured fluid has been leaking out of her nipples - and she says that the strange electricity feeling has come back. The pregnancy test says negative (but she is trying a few days before her period is due). She's panicked that if she's not pregnant it could be the sign of something medically amiss. Just wondered if anyone had had this experience and whether anyone might be able to give some advice? Many thanks.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 21-Apr-13 15:11:47

She needs medical advice; excess prolactin levels can cause this problem to arise. It can be treated with tablets. They ought to do a blood test to check her prolactin levels in any case as this can interfere with ovulation.

Gingerandcocoa Sun 21-Apr-13 15:16:13

Probably best to go see a GP.

Longdistance Sun 21-Apr-13 15:21:55

I had this with my first pg with dd1, that was the indication to me that I was pg.
My boobs were sore, I rubbed them, and then milk like fluid came out. I did a test, but early and it was negative. I waited til my actual period was due and got a bfp smile
She's 3.6.
When I was pg with dd2 I kept trying to see if my boobs were leaking, but they never did.

AgathaPinchBottom Sun 21-Apr-13 15:40:20

Thank you all for your advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now