Talk

Advanced search

To be massively gutted AF has arrived :(

(7 Posts)
LST Sat 20-Apr-13 22:04:11

We have been trying to conceive for a week. That's it one week and I felt sure it would just happen like last time... I told myself that it might take a while this time, but I can't help but feel ridiculously upset AF arrived this morning. sad

I don't even know why I'm posting really, I know I'm being unreasonably emotional. I am in the middle of a huge RA flare as I have stopped all medication as we are ttc and I just kept telling myself it would be ok because I'll be pregnant.

Please someone come and give me a slap and tell me to stop being an emotional wreck.

marriednotdead Sat 20-Apr-13 22:07:17

No slap, just a gentle ((hug)) and a wry smile.

LST Sat 20-Apr-13 22:08:57

Thank you. You need to hand me a bit of a grip too I think!

Inthebeginning Sat 20-Apr-13 22:12:14

So sorry lst . It's crap isn't it? I ttc for 3years (not saying it'll take that long for you) and every single time I was convinced it would happen. I'd plan around it, I'd know how far I would be along in certain months etc etc.
in short I'm tying to say , and I know it's easier said than done, but try not to let it consume you, and also don't beat yourself up about it.
Hugs for you x x x

LST Sat 20-Apr-13 22:19:26

Oh inthebeginning! I know it can take time I am just naive enough I suppose to think it just happens just like that.

I have this plan that I am going to get pregnant, have a baby and then when baby is here I can re-start my meds. But of course it's never that simple!

Thank you

LST Sat 20-Apr-13 22:20:10

I hope you were successful? x

Inthebeginning Sat 20-Apr-13 22:42:21

It will happen to you lst I'm certain it will. I didn't mean to come across as harsh, apologies if I did.
I always thought how lovely it would be to concieve by accident, to have that suprise and positiveness without any of the dissapointment. Because the moment you have that first af after ttc a little bit of the magic goes.
But I am certain for you, please keep positive and look after yourself.
Unfortunately no it didn't work for me, we decided to call it a day at the beginning of the year and will hopefully start the adoption ball rolling soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now