Talk

Advanced search

Rubbish doctors...

(10 Posts)
SillySchnook Sat 20-Apr-13 09:55:08

Hi ladies.

TTC for about a year, fairly chilled about it though. However I have missed my period for 2 months running yet pregnancy tests negative. I tried to get a doctors appointment but they wont see me as a priority and last week would only give me an appointment in mid-May! I'm worried and think this is too long to wait. I know it's probably nothing but I've known someone who has gone through an eptopic pregnancy and it's niggling me.

DH thinks we should go to the walk-in centre to ask for a blood test but I'm worried this is a misuse of it.

Advice please lovelies!

Babybeesmama Sat 20-Apr-13 09:57:10

That is rubbish! Yes definitely go to walk in centre! How can gp say you are non urgent without seeing you - very unfair! Good luck, hope its the positive you are hoping for xx

SillySchnook Sat 20-Apr-13 10:17:14

Thanks babybeesmama - just phoned this new 111 nhs number and they've told me to go to the out of hours centre.

Fingers crossed its good not bad news! x

Gruntfuttocks Sat 20-Apr-13 10:21:09

Huh, have I missed something? You think you might be pregnant, but haven't had any symptoms suggestive of an ectopic pregnancy, so what's the big rush? Why not just get a pregnancy test? The Dr isn't prioritising you, because your situation is not urgent or an emergency, is it?

VinegarDrinker Sat 20-Apr-13 10:22:49

You are very unlikely to have an ectopic pregnancy with negative pregnancy tests

SillySchnook Sat 20-Apr-13 12:31:09

I've done a pregnancy test (or 10) I just wanted to know what was going on and maybe stop the 'what ifs'. I know I'm not a priority Gruntfuttocks, I never said I was and did say I didn't want to misuse any services meant for more serious health concerns.

I'm sorry for mentioning eptopic - I know it's stupid and extremely unlikely.

Went to see out of hours and they told me to leave it and wait until Monday and then make an emergency appointment with my GP. I might give it another week or so just to avoid wasting the doctors time though.

Thanks for responding ladies.

EuroShaggleton Sat 20-Apr-13 12:54:28

You can probably get a blood test done privately if you want to speed things up.

SillySchnook Sat 20-Apr-13 12:56:06

I'm just looking into that at the moment actually smile

BlindKitty Sun 21-Apr-13 15:19:13

ffs, I can't believe the docs would make you wait so long just for a blood test! Really hope it turns out positive for you xxx

wrighty2010 Sun 21-Apr-13 17:16:32

Hi, you are not wasting anyones time! If you have missed a period 2 months running and this is out of the ordinary for you then that is a concern for you. I used to work in a doctors and when they say an emergancy appointment it is because everyone would want one if they could but a number of appointments are left each day to people that need to be seen that day. I would not worry about whether it is an emergancy or not, it is 10 mins out of their day and you are worried and it will give you peace of mind or at least something else to consider. Do whats right for you, everyone else does! hope things are ok, let us know how you get on xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now