Talk

Advanced search

If I have no EWCM, am I not ovulating?

(10 Posts)
mirai Sat 20-Apr-13 02:19:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MoetEtPantsOn Sat 20-Apr-13 04:22:06

I think that it would be good to track your cycle for the first cycle off the pill and just see what your body does. It might be that your first period is a little delayed as your body adjusts. I wouldn't worry just yet. If you are TTC naturally then you could BD anyway. My first cycle off the pill was 38 days and then since then I have been 28 days every time (for years).

That first cycle, I ended up ovulating at the time I thought I'd get my period so had a lot of wasted hope! I think if you don't have any EWCM then you may not be ovulating just yet, but that that doesn't mean anything s wrong.

greenlizard Sat 20-Apr-13 08:51:05

Hi, I don't get EWCM and I am definitely ovulating (confirmed by temping and blood tests). I think the amount and consistency varies from person to person so I think it's best to get to understand your own cycle rather than compare to anyone else. For example (sorry if this is TMI!) I get creamy CM from end of period, which them turns more wet/watery during my fertile time, then sticky after O the cream again just before AF is due.

If you have just come off the pill your cycles might need some time to settle down (including your CM). I found the book Taking Charge of your fertility (Toni weschler) quite useful esp. on CM issues and temping. Temping in particular had taught me a lot about my cycles and when I am most fertile etc.

MrsBri Sat 20-Apr-13 09:57:47

Hi

I don't get EWCM and I'm 31 weeks pregnant, so don't worry too much. I did get severe ovulation pain though, so knew not to worry.

It can take a few months to even out after coming off the pill, however.

mirai Sat 20-Apr-13 12:10:32

mirai Sat 20-Apr-13 12:14:56

lurcherlover Sat 20-Apr-13 12:42:40

I have never noticed any ewcm in my life and fall pregnant very easily - twice the first month of trying and the other time in the third month. So I wouldn't worry - just have lots of sex!

mirai Tue 30-Apr-13 15:19:04

kalidasa Tue 30-Apr-13 15:24:33

The pill is notorious for interfering with the production of cervical fluid in particular, and this effect can last for a while after you come off. I remember a friend of mine charting after coming off the pill and her cf pattern didn't look typical at all for ages. So that's likely to be a factor.

The other thing is your age. How many days women (on average) see EWCF decreases as you age, and especially during your thirties. So a woman of twenty might notice copious EWCF for two or three days, whereas a woman of 35 might only notice it for half or one day. If it's only appearing briefly it's a lot easier to miss.

Finally, some women never see EWCF, or not consistently. For them, the most fertile cf might be 'creamy' or 'watery' (very runny, not really stretchy). Generally speaking, 'watery' is considered more fertile than 'creamy'.

Once you've charted for a few months you'll have a sense of what your 'peak' cf is, even if it's not typical EWCF. Hope that helps!

mirai Tue 30-Apr-13 15:48:43

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now