Talk

Advanced search

Another question....

(5 Posts)
MrsRV Fri 19-Apr-13 19:31:13

How early can u test??

whtsmum Fri 19-Apr-13 22:05:19

I knew I was pregnant before I should have done with each child. I just knew I was pregnant, 1st was 1 day late, 2nd was 2 days before I was due, 3rd was 3/4 days before I was due.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Fri 19-Apr-13 22:45:25

It takes at least 8 or 9 days for enough HCG to build up to be detected, so by that rational the very very earliest you could get a positive is about 5 days before your period is due, but most pregnancy tests are not sensitive enough to pick up the small levels of hormone at that stage. You really are best off waiting until your period is due, it prevents a lot of heartbreak and wasting of money.

KatAndKit Sat 20-Apr-13 00:18:43

I have generally found very early tests (First Response/superdrug early test) to work reliably about 3 days before the period should have been due - ie about 11 or 12 days after ovulation. Before that point tests are not very accurate and you may as well just piss on a fiver. If you do not know when you might have ovulated then wait until your period is due or until 16 days since you had unprotected sex if you are testing because you had a slip up rather than because you are ttc.

MrsRV Sat 20-Apr-13 21:18:02

Piss on a fiver.... Ha ha ha ha!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now