Talk

Advanced search

Starting TTC for no.3 in a "relaxed" way, late 30s, not even 100% sure, argh!! Anyone else?

(3 Posts)
Cakecrumbsinmybra Fri 19-Apr-13 14:08:20

Just as the title suggests!! Have 2 DC, I'm 38 in a couple months, thought I only wanted 2. DH not completely sure, but has said it's up to me... Thought of being pg and having a newborn again are pretty repellant, but I want a larger family for lots of reasons, and I guess I just don't feel like we're "done" yet...

So, May - will start TTC I guess, but really don't want to get stressed by it. If it doesn't happen then so be it, and I'll draw the line once I hit 39 I think. Anyone else trying for no.3? Anyone not sure they're doing the right thing?? Anyone over 35 pg with DC3?

amazingmumof6 Fri 19-Apr-13 17:33:10

we have 5 boys and a girl and I want 2 more, but DH says no.
I'm not done with having babies and currently feel heartbroken after another argument this morning.
DD was 1 yesterday and I breastfed her for the last time last night, so stopping BF is also making me feel very tearful (but I can't show it as my mum is staying with us and I don't want to cry in front of her...)

I'll be 39 in August and have about 6 months from now to get pg as I want next baby to be born before I turn 40.
I don't know if DH will ever agree and the whole thing is making me feel miserable...I know I want more and have no doubt that another would not make that much of a difference!

so I say go for it, if you don't get pregnant perhaps it's not meant to be, but if you do, it will be lovely to have a baby! smile

(and sorry for whingeing..)

Cakecrumbsinmybra Sat 20-Apr-13 12:15:34

Wow, 6! Yes it's v hard when your partner doesn't agree - I know DH isn't 100% sure but he seems resigned to the fact now and can even joke about it...

The time pressure is hard though, isn't it, regardless of how many you already have - some days I think I feel no different to in my 20s, other days I think "Christ I'm knackered and too old for another baby!". Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now