Talk

Advanced search

Egg-sharing (IVF)

(6 Posts)
sunlightonthegrass Wed 17-Apr-13 17:42:40

Anyone else done this and fancy being my buddy? smile

Am expecting the forms to arrive tomorrow. I can't wait!

MotorcycleMama Fri 19-Apr-13 20:43:15

Hi sunlight. I'm just about to go onto the waiting list for donor egg IVF. Are you a recipient, or a donor? Whichever, best of luck!! I feel quite in the dark about the process, all I know is that there's a 2-4 month waiting list.

sunlightonthegrass Fri 19-Apr-13 21:19:54

I am a donor! I sent the forms off yesterday and really hope I get matched with a lady quickly. I really hope you get a donor egg soon!

MotorcycleMama Fri 19-Apr-13 22:06:43

Well, best of luck. We're all reliant on each other in this situation. I hope you feel ok about the situation you find yourself in. Some donors and recipients wish it could be any other way, but I am happy with what I'm doing, and hope you are.

BlindKitty Sun 21-Apr-13 15:50:49

Was wondering about this myself as the clinic we may use one day offer free IVF for egg sharing. My dh is dead against it but I thought it seemed quite sensible really. Anyway, guessing they wouldn't want mine anyway!

wrighty2010 Sun 21-Apr-13 16:54:42

Hi, not sure if it will be of usebut I used a connection site, Pride Angel to find my donor and I know some people are interested in egg sharing to help with costs etc, may be worth a look but not sure if thats what you are looking for? I have seen people also looking to share sperm for eggs. It is such a shame that there are so may hoops to jump through for IVF and the cost is another matter! Best wishes xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now