Talk

Advanced search

Got LH surge ... are we covered?

(5 Posts)
changedmynametoomanytimes Mon 15-Apr-13 12:24:36

So - I'm new to this and was getting very downheartened with negative tests. Got my LH surge on CD16 (it was very obvious by the way for any other newbies out there!) and have DTD on that day and the following 2 days. So ... are we covered? I have to say it did feel a bit clinical - for me and DH, so we've said we'll have a few days off and then focus on our fun grin

So I guess I'm now in the 2WW catergory? Am I learning the lingo? grin

Guessing I need to wait at least a fortnight before I POAS again - is that correct?

twinklestar2 Mon 15-Apr-13 17:27:13

Yep you're covered but its recommended to have sex before the surge too. I usually start from cd10 and finish around cd20.

Good luck!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 15-Apr-13 18:27:33

You are more likely to become pregnant if you have sex before the surge - remember that sperm can live for up to 5 days, but the egg will only live for a maximum of 24 hours. It is better to have the sperm waiting in the tubes for the egg to arrive.

changedmynametoomanytimes Mon 15-Apr-13 19:13:59

Oh no! DH has been working away so we had sex on CD10 and then on surge day (CD16) then the following 2 days - so is it looking unlikely this month is our month?

Also - if the best time to conceive is before the surge ... are the sticks a bit pointless? As they only tell you when the surge happens?

thanks

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 15-Apr-13 20:19:59

You can't use any method in isolation. The sticks help you to identify when in your cycle you usually ovulate, so you can plan future cycles around those dates.

There is no way of telling if you have timed it right or not. Keep having sex for a few more days and then you'll have to wait it out. There is no easy answer I'm afraid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now