Talk

Advanced search

Does everyone else worry?!?!??

(14 Posts)
gillywillywoo Sun 14-Apr-13 10:19:59

TTC for the first time... It's only been a few months but I worry that there's something wrong with me... Fertility problems... Or worse...!

I'm pretty sure this worry will always be in my mind until the day I discover I'm pregnant...and then at least I'll know I'm ovulating and capable of conceiving and that DHs sperms are all good as well!
Does everyone/anyone else have these worries as well or am I mental?!
blushgrin

gillywillywoo Sun 14-Apr-13 10:21:16

I'm definitely a bit of a worry wart over small things so TTC is exciting for me but always have a part of me that's anxious and worried!

BlindKitty Sun 14-Apr-13 10:50:47

I worry but then I've been trying for what seems like forever!!! You've only been trying for a short time. Kick back, relax, and don't worry xx

gillywillywoo Sun 14-Apr-13 11:01:13

I'm not letting it take over or consume me... It's just a niggling thing in the back of my mind...! Gahhhh

BlindKitty Sun 14-Apr-13 11:13:43

I know, its very annoying isn't it?! How about going away whilst your ovulating? Try to make the baby making more fun?

mumof2aimingfor4 Sun 14-Apr-13 11:17:32

Do the dirty deed and pop a pillow under your bum give the wrigglers a helping hand with gravity! I conceived with this method both times.

50shadesofbrown Sun 14-Apr-13 11:25:48

Have you recently come off the pill or any other hormones? I had implant in my arm, taken out & the doc said it would take 2-3 months for fertility to return to normal. 2 years & lots of tears later, having been told my blood tests were all normal, Dh was normal, etc, I was starting to look into adoption etc, & was told it can take 2 years to recover normal fertility after this type of implant. We stopped trying & getting upset. Unfortunately I got ill for a few months so nothing was 'happening' IYSWIM. Got better, started trying again, got pregnant first time. Think it was a combination of stress & hormones not having recovered. Hope this can be of some comfort to you. Have you had blood tests to make sure you are ovulating?

gillywillywoo Sun 14-Apr-13 12:31:31

Hi ladies thank you smile
No tests or anything yet... If I haven't conceived by June/July I think I will go to the doctors just for a general check up and see what he says... If he offers to do blood tests etc then I'll go with it... I'm not overly worried yet but every month when AF comes I think "hmmm I wonder if everything is ok... Maybe we should get checked out" etc.
Came off the pill in December after being on it for 10 years.
And I put a pillow underneath all the time! Haha grin

CubanoHabana Sun 14-Apr-13 12:35:47

I'm the same, came off pill November after 15 years, nothing as of yet, mum had trouble having me, 4 years of trying and was just about to go down Ivf route when she got bfp, so it makes me worry that I might have issues. Gonna give it 2 more months then go to docs for check up. Used temping this month and gonna use opks if nothing this month...

K8eee Sun 14-Apr-13 12:52:51

grin Yep I'm worrying too!!! Jumping on the bandwagon ha. I too pop a pillow under my bum or after DTD I ask hubby to grab my legs swivel me round and I put my legs up the wall to get the little blighters up there haha weird...?

Champagnebubble Sun 14-Apr-13 13:07:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BlindKitty Sun 14-Apr-13 20:28:28

50shades we've been ttc for 2 years so your story has really inspired me x

Mummytothearkbuilder Sun 14-Apr-13 20:58:58

I am a constant worrier!! When I was ttc the first time I didn't even think of it, just dtd and fell pregnant within a few months. Now ttc #2 and I worry about it everyday - had a miscarriage in February so worry about it even more now!! X

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 14-Apr-13 22:04:50

It is normal to worry, but there really is not much point in going to the Doctors. Most GPs won't even look into potential fertility issues until you've been trying for at least a year.

Just have sex three times a week and try not to obsess for now. 80% of healthy couples conceive within a year and 90% within 2 years so you really are not unusual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now