Talk

Advanced search

Could i have pcos? how will they test for it?

(2 Posts)
Katnisscupcake Sat 13-Apr-13 21:03:16

Hi there,

I am being referred to a fertility clinic but on referring me the gp asked me whether I had thought about pcos. I told him that I didn't think so as I didn't believe I have any of the symptoms, but now I am not so sure.

I had an early mc last year and they did an ultrasound and checked my ovaries. There were no cysts. I also ovulzte every month (I use fertility friend and see the thermal shift until af following a positive opk) and until recently my cycles have been regular. I have been referred because for some reason my luteal phase is reducing.

However I have had bad acne since I was 17. In the last couple of years I have had hairloss, which seems significant to me but not necessarily noticed by those around me. So I am wondering whether pcos could be the issue? I use opks every month but only get the surge when I ovulate...

One final thing, I am a size 12-14 and don't really struggle with weight, I just don't like exercise but love crisps and chocolate... BUT, I did have gestational diabetes in my first pg... had to be insulin managed. My mum has type 2 as did her dad and auntie.

Katnisscupcake Sun 14-Apr-13 20:25:25

Bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now