Talk

Advanced search

Short luteal phase and worried

(6 Posts)
Trying123 Sat 13-Apr-13 17:13:39

New on here!
been TTC for 15 months, cycle 27-33 days, but mosty 28.
Others half has had his swimmers checked and they are fine. Waiting for appt for me (been over a month since referal)
Used OPK sticks for the first time this months only to find I did not get LH surge until day 20, so dont ovulate until day 21-22. Was reasurrred that I got a surge of course but now stuck as to what to do/what to expect.
Have read about and started taking B6 50mg and a B complex daily along with usual pregnacare vit.
Am now wondering if the few longer cycles I had were in fact early miscarriages, as pre TTC cycles were pretty clockwork 28days. Quite sad and shocked to think this may have been the case, but maybe ok that I was starting to concieve at all.
This TTC is turning into much more of a rollercoaster than I had imagined. 13 friends have had babies in last 10 months! so happy for them and I know a couple of them had problems, but its been a little hard to take.
Also have friend going through adoption following 2 failed IVs so I know I should count myself lucky, but really not feeling it.

All words of wisdom/experience appreciated!!
thanks

bonzo77 Sat 13-Apr-13 20:04:47

following an early MC I also had a short luteal phase. Vit B6 really did seem to make a difference. Lengthened LP by one day for each cycle, until my BFP after 4 cycles (which would have been a 14 day LP).

Boodlebum Sat 13-Apr-13 21:13:28

Trying, if you're TTC your first child, you should join us on the Elderberries thread. There are a few of us on there with proven short LPs / worried about short LP! I've tried Vit B6 but it hasn't had an impact, unfortunately. Wish I was like bonzo!

Trying123 Sun 14-Apr-13 10:46:39

thanks guys

FredKiller Sun 14-Apr-13 10:51:30

To give you a bit of hope, my LP was about 7/8 days (due to bfing DS, I think). I started taking B6 and got pg the next month so assumed that it had worked and I had ovulated a bit earlier.

However, when I went for my 12 week scan I was actually 14 weeks and had conceived the month before during my 8 day LP. And had a normal period.

I was shocked, as I thought conception was impossible with such a short LP but it turns out, that's not the case! So my advice is to still DTD lots when ovulating, even if you think there is no point. It may be more difficult to conceive but not impossible. I'm the proof!

Trying123 Sun 14-Apr-13 11:09:22

Thank you! And congratulations!!!!
This was my first month using OPKs so decided to follow the calendar (gives us a 2 week window as cycles beteen 27-33) and see if it matched up to when I actually OV - it didn't, no smiley face in that 2 wk window so carried on DTD until 3 days after LH surge -this was a 3 week marathon!
Started with B6 the day after LH, hoping it might do something, if not for this cycle, then maybe with the next.
Hoping to hear from clinic soon too!
Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now