Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have any idea on what progesterone/hCG levels should be in early pregnancy? Have I over-dosed???

(4 Posts)
TheNewShmoo Fri 12-Apr-13 14:49:46

I have a short LP so my progesterone level is a worry. My GP came back to me with 145 at 16DPO... can this be right shock?? I was at 83 when I was 8 weeks pregnant with DC1. I have supplemented/self-prescribed with 400mg cyclogest (oh the joys of back door pessaries) since Sat night... so wondering if this has anything to do with it... confused

hCG is 283 and the normal range for 4w+2d is 200-400, so this bit seems ok.

EuroShaggleton Fri 12-Apr-13 14:59:30

I suspect supplementing with the progesterone would explain why your progesterone levels are high....

(Either that, or it's multiples. grin)

TheNewShmoo Fri 12-Apr-13 15:16:34

Thud. Oh Shaggleton that was the sound of DH fainting.

Normal hCG so don't think there any surprises to be had!

Just wondering if I should taper down the cyclogest or continue till week 12? It has caused my temps to rocket and poor DH is worried at the prospect of sharing a bed with a mad and sweaty pregnant woman for the next 8 weeks. All the usual preggo symptoms seem exaggerated on this stuff.

Worried that a sudden drop in progesterone might cause bleeding though.

MuddyWellyNelly Fri 12-Apr-13 20:27:13

Totally agree with Euro. As you are pregnant (congratulations by the way!) your body will be producing progesterone as it's meant to, and the short LP no longer applies, as the corpus luteum kicked in. So you've boosted your otherwise normal levels. As to whether stopping them would be an issue, I'm not qualified to say. My instinct is that it won't make any difference as your body is making some on it's own; but I'd take more qualified advice than mine before you make your decision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now