Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Next hospital appiontment

(6 Posts)
rainbowbreeze Fri 12-Apr-13 10:12:31

After having 6 months worth of clomid and no success the next hospital appt is looming sad

I was hoping someone could tell me what will happen, they said the next stage will be IVF - so will we get the yes/no at the appointment or do we need to fill in forms etc and wait for a decision?

EuroShaggleton Fri 12-Apr-13 10:25:11

I think it differs from hospital to hospital. If you say where you are it, it's possible you will find someone at the same place.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 12-Apr-13 18:47:04

In my area, if other treatment has been unsuccessful they then refer you to the IVF clinic which is under the PCT (so different area for funding). If I were you, I'd go with a list of questions about the way forward.

BlindKitty Sat 13-Apr-13 21:37:55

My doc has put me forward for 3 cycles of IUI, failing that, its IVF. Although I wish she'd just put me forward for IVF as have no faith that IUI will work for me. Good luck x

mumalah Tue 16-Apr-13 09:44:16

Hi , I have just started my 6th and last round of clomid. I have an appointment in May, so I'm interested in what happens next. I,m 42 though, so don't think I will be able to have anything else.
Keep us informed rainbowbreeze and good luck!

rainbowbreeze Wed 17-Apr-13 20:47:12

Thanks ladies and i will let you know what happens - was hoping to be prepared for whats to come at the next appt incase it was possible not to get upset while we're there - ive cried at the last couple of appts ! sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: