Talk

Advanced search

Next hospital appiontment

(6 Posts)
rainbowbreeze Fri 12-Apr-13 10:12:31

After having 6 months worth of clomid and no success the next hospital appt is looming sad

I was hoping someone could tell me what will happen, they said the next stage will be IVF - so will we get the yes/no at the appointment or do we need to fill in forms etc and wait for a decision?

EuroShaggleton Fri 12-Apr-13 10:25:11

I think it differs from hospital to hospital. If you say where you are it, it's possible you will find someone at the same place.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 12-Apr-13 18:47:04

In my area, if other treatment has been unsuccessful they then refer you to the IVF clinic which is under the PCT (so different area for funding). If I were you, I'd go with a list of questions about the way forward.

BlindKitty Sat 13-Apr-13 21:37:55

My doc has put me forward for 3 cycles of IUI, failing that, its IVF. Although I wish she'd just put me forward for IVF as have no faith that IUI will work for me. Good luck x

mumalah Tue 16-Apr-13 09:44:16

Hi , I have just started my 6th and last round of clomid. I have an appointment in May, so I'm interested in what happens next. I,m 42 though, so don't think I will be able to have anything else.
Keep us informed rainbowbreeze and good luck!

rainbowbreeze Wed 17-Apr-13 20:47:12

Thanks ladies and i will let you know what happens - was hoping to be prepared for whats to come at the next appt incase it was possible not to get upset while we're there - ive cried at the last couple of appts ! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now