Talk

Advanced search

Cycle length 41 days??

(10 Posts)
jazzcat28 Thu 11-Apr-13 20:59:42

Came off pill start of March. First AF arrived this week. Does this mean my cycle is 41 days long?! If so when on earth will I be likely to ovulate??

roofio87 Thu 11-Apr-13 21:13:40

I came off my pill middle of November and had no period until beg January. I then took it to be starting from scratch as if id have a regular 28 day cycle. I can't give much advice on how long cycles were then as I conceived 12 days after that period. point is I think its normal for it to take a while for ur first period to show but doesn't necessarily mean that that will be your cycle length now. just have sex every few days and see when/if the next one turns up!! good luck!!

jazzcat28 Thu 11-Apr-13 21:18:24

Thanks for replying and congratulations for your BFP!

I think you're right, perhaps just shagging lots is the key!

lil1ady Thu 11-Apr-13 23:19:20

Hi jazz. I can off bcp after 10 yrs last September. cycle one 31 days, cycle two 43 days then I had AF for 49days making cycle three 86 days in total. I'm now on cd34 and have only just ovulated this cycle. I did see Dr and made many calls to NHS direct. they all said its just Ur body having to relearn how to balance the hormones properly. everyone is different so you just have to try and stay calm and let your body work it out. maybe you will be one of the lucky ones who goes back to 'normal' straight away. you can chart temperatures to confirm ovulation if you want to try and regain some sort of control. Hope this is helpful

happylass Fri 12-Apr-13 07:30:22

When I came off the pill it took about 40 days for first AF to arrive but after that my cycles settled down to a very regular 25-26 days, which is what they always were pre pill. Good luck!

jazzcat28 Fri 12-Apr-13 09:21:22

Thanks for the additional replies... I have been on the pill so long (10 years) that I don't actually know what my normal cycle length should be! I've read so many horror stories about ladies struggling to conceive after coming off cerazette so I'm worrying I guess.

Once AF clears off I've warned DH we are going to be dtd at least 3 times a week

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 12-Apr-13 09:37:03

A "normal" cycle is a cycle length of between 21 and 35 days or with less than 4 days of variation from month to month.

Pill leaves your system very quickly after taking the last tablet; if cycles remain consistently longer than the above I would seek medical advice sooner rather than later. Long cycles often mean that there are associated ovulation problems (which the pill did not cause but rather suppressed) which can be treated.

sparkle9 Sat 13-Apr-13 00:46:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jazzcat28 Sat 13-Apr-13 08:54:55

Oh no sparkle hope you get your ov soon! Whilst I really would like to fall pg first cycle, financially it would be better if it actually happened 2nd or 3rd. Though not sure I can plan this - gonna have to go with mother nature

Champagnebubble Sat 13-Apr-13 09:53:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now