Talk

Advanced search

Clear Blue Q/early bleed/luteal phase Q

(5 Posts)
DonFendi Thu 11-Apr-13 19:07:56

Hi all,
This is my first month using the clear Blue fertility monitor. I had highs from day 10, with peaks on days 18 and 19. Hubby and I DTD every other day, incouding the day before the peaks, and then both peak days plus the following day. I'm now CD24 and I'm bleeding, lightly, a browny red.
Am confused because I thought I had another five or six days before AF was due, but I'm also wondering if this is explaining why I'm not pregnant yet - is this too short a luteal phase to sustain to implantation?
Trying to put all that concern aside, I'm about to reset the fertility monitor and a friend suggests that it might be implantation bleeding and not my actual AF... But if I wait until AF is actually due to test this out, I won't be able to reset the fertility monitor back enough days (think you can only go back 5...)
So, do I reset, or wait? And if this is AF, why is my luteal phase so short? This isn't normal is it? Any advice or experiences welcome sad

ChocolateCremeEggBag Thu 11-Apr-13 22:44:50

Hi, I would wait until it's "proper" period red. You could be having an implantation bleed as you are about 5-6DPO, or could be some old blood from DTD. Or you could be having a wtf cycle and af will get you properly in a few days
Don't waste any more sticks (put in an unused one until you get a low) and wait.
Hope it's implantation bleeding fx!

ChocolateCremeEggBag Thu 11-Apr-13 22:46:48

Basically until you have the proper AF (proper red blood) rather than brown light stuff, you shouldn't reset anyway as the full flow is really CD1

DonFendi Fri 12-Apr-13 14:51:28

Thanks ChocolateCremeEggBag, bleeding continues today. I'm pretty sure it's a bit heavier and so I reckon it's proper AF.

Which... Basically means my luteal phase was only 5/6 days, which my limited knowledge tells me certainly isn't long enough even if we did manage fertilisation!

Very disappointed and confused. This would explain why I'm not pregnant I guess, although I've no idea if I can fix it sad

ChocolateCremeEggBag Sun 14-Apr-13 06:33:31

Hi - sorry to hear that
There are lots of threads on here re short LP - there are things you can try (vitamin b6 in large dose off the top of my head) but definitely look them up

On the other hand I'm going to hope that it was a wtf bleed which tailed of back to brown on sat/today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now