Talk

Advanced search

TTC and symptom spotting

(23 Posts)
sparkle9 Wed 10-Apr-13 18:16:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

K8eee Wed 10-Apr-13 18:43:36

Sparkle I'm am in THE exact same boat. Came off pill in march, been DTD every few/couple of days. Got AF symptoms but no appearance. Am unsure when to test too.

I had weird pains the last couple of days. Pain down left leg, hip and aching in lower back on left side/top of bum cheek. I take it this is your first time TTC?

lovelilies Wed 10-Apr-13 18:47:08

Hi Ladies,
Me too! CD 30 today... AF due tomorrow (hopefully not...)
Had all sortsof symptoms;
Sore nipples boobs from CD 15 to yesterday - now nothing!
Increased discharge sorry if TMI
Weird pains in L side of abdo above pelvic bone
Nightsweats - never heard of that before?!

lovelilies Wed 10-Apr-13 18:48:10

Oh and POAS today.. negative... sad

CatsCantFlyFast Wed 10-Apr-13 20:19:28

Coming off the pill can mean your cycles can take a while to regulate, for example my first period after coming off the pill arrived on time, however for numerous cycles after that i wasn't ovulating and/or my cycle length varied dramatically.
As many people will warn you on here, it is best not to test until after the date AF would be due.
If you don't get BFP's this month I would recommend temping (and being as strict as you can about it otherwise it won't work!). This will help you understand if you are ovulating, and also help you better pinpoint when AF is due/overdue. Good luck

K8eee Wed 10-Apr-13 20:32:01

I took my last pill on 02-02-13 and had a bleed the week after for 7 days. Now 3 and a half weeks on still no sign of AF. An going to be hard on myself and not test for a whilewink

sparkle9 Wed 10-Apr-13 21:37:47

CatsCantFlyFast Wed 10-Apr-13 22:12:48

sparkle don't look for a spike in temps. What you are looking for is 3 temps successively that are higher than the temps before. So to confirm crosshairs in FF it will look for a 'coverline' and confirm O assuming you have had 3 successive temps above this line after then. Many many people do not get a spike, they O, then get a gradual temp rise. Assuming your post O temps are mostly above your coverline you will likely have O'd. However taking your temp at the same time (and, more importantly at least 30 mins before you normally wake up so set an alarm) may help give you a clearer picture.... FX for you though

sparkle9 Thu 11-Apr-13 00:09:28

sparkle9 Thu 11-Apr-13 09:54:38

K8eee Thu 11-Apr-13 10:18:01

Sparkle, try not to get too het up over it smile I started to monitor bbt but was beating myself up over a degree or two. I'm just keeping note of when DH and I DTD, CM, mood changes, and if and when AF starts. Should you of started your period yet or have you any idea whether you're ovulating or already have? You'll be finewink

sparkle9 Thu 11-Apr-13 10:25:14

K8eee Thu 11-Apr-13 11:21:03

I'm on day 34 of cd but still no AF, not sure what's going on. I had a period a week after stopping but haven't had a pill free period for nearly 5 years. Am unsure what to expect or whether I should or shouldn't test. In a bit of a pickle

sparkle9 Thu 11-Apr-13 16:32:14

sparkle9 Thu 11-Apr-13 16:33:44

K8eee Thu 11-Apr-13 17:13:16

Ah sparkle I am exactly the same. It's killing me but I'm trying to hold out testing as like you say other mnetters urge you to wait and I have zero patience with TTC! I think I'll give it the weekend, if no sign if AF I'll whip a pg test out and see what's going on. I have got a consultation with a doctor as we've moved on Monday so I wonder whether rather than using my one at home maybe I could use there's? What you reckon?

K8eee Thu 11-Apr-13 17:16:28

But I haven't got typical symptoms of tender/sore boobs, sickness, anything really. Sounds like you're having a pain with your cyclessad hope it levels out soon!

sparkle9 Fri 12-Apr-13 10:13:23

K8eee Fri 12-Apr-13 10:20:35

Sorry to hear of your bfnsad lets hope next month you have more lucksmile

Yeah it can be a sign of early pregnancy, I read that too. I keep reading up on it all, not doing myself any favours! Am tempted to buy an OPK but not sure if its worth my while as I dunno whether to see if my cycle needs to sort it's self out. I feel you pain sparkle, really I do! grin

sparkle9 Fri 12-Apr-13 11:45:41

K8eee Fri 12-Apr-13 11:52:05

Yeah I've been very close to clicking on the add to cart lol. Now into cd 35. Have a initial consultation with our new doctors on Monday. Reckon they will be able to do a pg test on me then? Or will be happy to?

Have you had anymore pg/AF symptoms?

sparkle9 Fri 12-Apr-13 12:12:35

sparkle9 Fri 12-Apr-13 12:13:11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now