Talk

Advanced search

Waiting for dh's sa results. On edge.

(8 Posts)
Idbeloveandsweetness Tue 09-Apr-13 13:30:10

Just taken the second sample in. This one arrived well within the hour, unlike the first one!
Praying that this one is better. The results of the first one were awful. As in never going to conceive awful.

We should know in a couple of days. In my heart I am expecting this result to be the same as the first but still hoping and praying.

extracrunchy Tue 09-Apr-13 13:34:02

Crossing fingers and toes for you!

resipsa Tue 09-Apr-13 13:37:15

I'm no medic but my view is that the results (and interpretation) can vary widely. My DH's first test results led to advice that we'd be "very, very, very lucky" to conceive naturally. I was pregnant with DD in months. Now struggling for DC2 but 2nd SA results were "normal, no problem". Fx for you.

Idbeloveandsweetness Tue 09-Apr-13 13:40:57

Thanks x x
I'm praying that they say that we at least have some chance of a natural conception even if it's reduced.
Last time we had very very low motility and morphology. Count was quite high but everything else was bad.
How long have you been trying for dc2 resipsa? After reading online there seem to be quite a few people told that they had little chance who then went on to conceive. Often more than once. I guess sperm varies and obviously they can't check every month!

resipsa Tue 09-Apr-13 13:52:00

DD was born Jan 11 and started trying for DC2 in September 11. Was pregnant by Jan 12 but had MMC and nothing since then. Our problem, I am sure, is my age (42) not DH or his sperm despite the advice in 2010! Keep trying; we're all programmend to reproduce, it's a genetic impwrative, so the likelihood in the end (even if it's hard work to get there) is that you will conceive.

resipsa Tue 09-Apr-13 13:52:51

imperative

Idbeloveandsweetness Tue 09-Apr-13 14:54:09

That's what I'm hoping!
We have one dc already, conceived immediately about four years ago. No idea what dh's results were then as we had no problems so didn't check.
I do think our chances will be dramatically reduced if there isn't any improvement in these results. Not sure if we got incredibly lucky the first time or something has changed. I wish I knew how to change it back again!

resipsa Tue 09-Apr-13 16:39:42

Fx crossed then. Think sometimes men more pessimistic than us. My DH is sure current problems down to him despite my age & his normal SA in Jan. Guess illogic and TTC go hand in hand grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now