Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Checking CM and regular sex ... maybe TMI!

(9 Posts)
changedmynametoomanytimes Tue 09-Apr-13 12:32:37

Can 'ahem' blush you damage/remove/etc sperm that is ready and waiting for the egg by checking your CM?

Apologies if this is a really stupid question - but just wondering if you should be rummaging up there grin when TTC?

Withalittlesparkle Tue 09-Apr-13 12:43:17

I highly doubt it unless your fingers are covered in acid BUT be warned it can be rather easy to mistake the one for the other!! Are you charting by any other method?

changedmynametoomanytimes Tue 09-Apr-13 12:47:35

grin Withalittlesparkle - no I'm not dabbling in acid at the moment wink

I just wondered if I'd be removing the winning little swimmer ... or do they go further up? (I'm a novice as you can tell!)

Just started using the CB sticks - got a dark line (but not as dark as the control line) a couple of days ago but now I'm getting pale/not really there at all lines sad and only on CD 11 so wondering if I've just ovulated super early this month?

gillywillywoo Tue 09-Apr-13 12:52:58

I wonder the same thing sometimes..... Should be ovulating any day now.... Trying to dtd as much as poss but also want to check CM... But don't want to remove anything I shouldn't.. So to speak! Lol grin

Withalittlesparkle Tue 09-Apr-13 12:54:05

Sperm, especially healthy ones and super strong and super sticky!! they arent coming out until they absolutely have to!!!

As for the OV sticks its hard to say, anything can alter the colour of the line, for example if you drank more the previous day OR if your peeing at different times... also your levels may flucuate during the month. Some people have recorded what appears to be dip before a peak... but Im not sure...

How long have you been TTC? and what are your cycles like?

Withalittlesparkle Tue 09-Apr-13 12:55:34

Gilly dont dtd too much, sounds odd but it can be counter productive. Every other day is sufficient!!

Am an old hand at this can you tell?! Thankfully have not had to think about it for 30 weeks smile

changedmynametoomanytimes Tue 09-Apr-13 12:58:22

Glad I'm not the only one gillywillywoo! smile

Thanks Withalittlesparkle - I thought that may be the case

Will keep going with the sticks - only a few days in so shouldn't really be worrying yet

TTC for 6 months (didn't think it would take this long as we certainly didn't try very hard for baby #1! Infact I now wonder how we were so lucky!) but had an EMCS so that could be something to do with it?

Cycles have been bob on 28 days but as soon as we decided to buy the sticks I had a 35 day cycle - sods law!

changedmynametoomanytimes Tue 09-Apr-13 12:58:52

smile congratulations Withalittlesparkle!

changedmynametoomanytimes Tue 09-Apr-13 13:01:56

also - I think I had EWCM just after CD6 - we DTD on DD8 and 10 but now I'm feeling period like pains low down and I've been known to have just a 12 day gap in the past so wondering if it's all over for us this month already sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now