Talk

Advanced search

can someone talk to me about slp

(4 Posts)
babyrose Tue 09-Apr-13 08:48:44

I think I have problems with short luteal phase, I think I ovulated cd18 and af showed up on day 26 which would mean a luteal phase of 8!

Where do I go from here to try find things out with doc?

Ive been having horrible symptoms that I think comes down to low progesterone.

babyrose Tue 09-Apr-13 13:42:54

Anyone?

Irishmammybread Tue 09-Apr-13 15:45:26

Hi babyrose
I'm not an expert but I have had blood tests to check corpus luteal function, this involved having a blood sample taken 7 and then 10 days after ovulation for progesterone levels. This is called the 21 day test,assuming ovulation is on d14,but of course ovulation day can vary for different women and in different cycles. I've been charting and taking my basal body temp since last May(though have had two miscarriages in this time so that interfered with my cycles). My ovulation day has varied from d14 to d16.,the month I had blood taken I went on d23 as I knew when I'd ovulated.The only way to confirm ovulation has occurred is a sustained rise in temperature over the coverline for at least 3 days.
I know the luteal phase is supposed to stay the same,mine has varied from 11 to 15 days(possibly influenced by the miscarriages?) yet my bloods showed good luteal function.
I have used opk tests and had varied results.
Are you fairly certain you ovulated on d18 or might it have been earlier?
Good luck!

babyrose Tue 09-Apr-13 20:38:01

Hi, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

I did opk's 12,13,14 and positive result on cd 15 and no other symptoms of ovulation. I usually get cramps and some cm, this month nothing. Maybe I'm assuming that ovulation was later cos it says that it can be from 12 to 48 hrs later.
Maybe I'm just looking at things the wrong way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now