Talk

Advanced search

If your cycle is normally 29 days but one month different do you still go by your regular cycle?

(11 Posts)
loveclouds Sat 06-Apr-13 18:10:20

Hello
My cycle is always 29 days last month it was 31 days and now I am on day 31 and no period just watery brown when I wipe. Maybe my cycle has just changed?

loveclouds Sat 06-Apr-13 18:11:49

Forgot to say my temp is also 37.3 and I am on day 17 after ovulation.

loveclouds Sat 06-Apr-13 18:13:53

I also did a test yesterday which was neg - boots cheap one. But thinking because my last cycle was 31 days maybe I only really due today so should test again because the test i used said test from day period is due? I am feeling quite crampy so prob just period. I read you temp stays raised 10-14 days after ovualtion so mine should have gone down now too.

willitbe Sat 06-Apr-13 20:58:43

If you had a clear temperature shift and you are very definitely 17 days after that temp rise, then tomorrow if your temperature stays high you won't need to do a test as 18 days of raised temp is itself indicative of pregnancy. Hope you get a positive test soon.

loveclouds Sat 06-Apr-13 22:12:06

Just checked now 37.1 so down a bit, normally I am 36.7. Gosh i would be so excited if i was... shocked but delighted. Do not wnat to get excited yet as I am feeling crampy but no sign of period yet, watery brown stuff less now.

loveclouds Sat 06-Apr-13 22:23:31

willitbe would you still think i could be pregnant tomorrow if i have the same temp but still watery brown on toilet roll? that would be day CD32 when normally 29 days but i had a funny long one last month 31 days. also now my temp is 37.1 and down from 37.3 is that a sign my period is just late? sorry for all the questions x

gillywillywoo Sat 06-Apr-13 22:47:31

Your bbt is still quite high! Mine rarely goes above 37 even in my luteal phase. My bbt drops to around 36.1-36.3 just before AF arrives!

Fingers crossed your pregnant and get a BFP soon!

loveclouds Sat 06-Apr-13 22:55:07

i am using the digital ear one so maybe they are more sensitive, it was 37.3 with my last pregnancy but this part was more straight forward. my cycle was 29 days, day 29 - no period, tested and BFP. this time is a little different as had a longer cycle last month so probably should have waited longer to test. if its still not started tomorrow i will buy a test on monday. trying to stay calm and not mention it to dh until i def know. now can i wait until monday is the question?

willitbe Sun 07-Apr-13 21:20:51

Was you temp still above cover line this morning? I didn't think that bbt temps could be reliably taken with an ear thermometer! Also I AMA bit confused by what you bbt was yesterday as it appeared you had two different temps perhaps I am reading your post wrong.

Anyway I hope af has stayed away and that you get a positive test tomorrow morning.

loveclouds Sun 07-Apr-13 21:53:39

hello

i did start bleeding today and its red so I guess a period but it is very light and my temp is still 37.2. So weird its still high, other websites suggest if it remains high 18 days after ovulation then you must be pregnant or could have a cyst. i started up some other threads as I had other questions about this. i will buy another test tomorrow just so i can see i am not and stop this wondering.

i have not been charting my basal body temp in the mornings. my temp using my digital thermometer (same as gp's) is always about 36.4 - 36.6 and with my last pregnancy was 37.2 or 37.3. I was trying to search that old post but think I had different name then. i have been testing a few times a day just to see if it changes and it seems to go between 37.1 to 37.3.

willitbe Sun 07-Apr-13 22:24:07

Sorry to hear af had turned up.

Bbt can only be measured in the morning following 3 hours sleep min. Daytime measurements are not reliable, also you have to use thermometer orally or vaginally. See fertility friend.com website for more information. So that could mean that you were not 17dpo as you thought.

I was hoping that you were having implantation spotting. Anyway, I hope you get a bfp next month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now