Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any helpful tips? :)

(10 Posts)
MissFredi Sat 06-Apr-13 16:14:20

Hi, I'm new here so not 100% sure how to word my postblush so sorry if I sound like a fool!

So basically, me and OH have spoken about it many times and and we decided that when this supply of my pill runs out we're going to start ttc. I have been on Marvelon for about 2 years now, and before that the implant, then before that I was on Mycrogynon since I was 15.

I am wondering if anybody has any advice for us really? Not 100% sure about cycle lengths and everything, do I start counting from the first day of the pill period or do I wait to count from the first day of the natural one?

Thank you smile

EuroShaggleton Sat 06-Apr-13 16:26:36

My advice would be to forget about counting anything for a good while yet, dtd about 3 times a week and it should happen for you within a year. Good luck. Are you taking folic acid? It is recommended to start 90 days before ttc.

Champagnebubble Sat 06-Apr-13 16:37:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MissFredi Sat 06-Apr-13 16:39:13

Thanks for replying smile

I have folic acid, plan is to start taking it this Monday because I like to do things from the start of a new week (that's probably something for a whole new thread heheh) I hadn't heard the 90days thing though! Glad you told me about that one grin

MissFredi Sat 06-Apr-13 16:41:25

Hi champagnebubble, it does make sense yeah, thank you! I don't want to get into the "lets only do it around this day" but I do feel like I need a rough guideline of when I could get caughtsmile

Champagnebubble Sat 06-Apr-13 16:58:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MissFredi Wed 10-Apr-13 11:56:47

Thank you againsmile was worried about what replies I might get on my first post haha!

hotcrosbum Wed 10-Apr-13 12:15:11

We started TTC to month I came off my pill. I had been on micrigynon without taking a pill free break for two years, my dr told me that it could take up to 6 months for my body to get back into a cycle and ovulate, especially as I am 34 ....

I got pregnant the first month. I worked out when I would have ovulated if I had been on a 'normal' cycle from first day of bleed after stopping, dtd lots over that weekend.

Calculated due date from first day of bleed after stopping pill, correct according to scans, so it can happen quickly!

MissFredi Thu 11-Apr-13 16:26:55

Hotcrosbum - that's fantasticsmile I do get really confused as to whether to count a period as "real" or not, I definitely will be doing now! Even if we don't get caught in the first month it'll be good to get a clear picture either way grin

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 11-Apr-13 18:13:46

I agree - to start with, just keep a record of when your have your periods (day 1 is when you have enough bleeding to need sanitary wear before 3pm) and try to have sex three times a week, every week. Don't worry about charting or OPKs etc yet, it only adds pressure.

Ooh do check out sperm friendly lube - most lubes actually say on them that they may slow swimmers down which obviously isn't what you want!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now