Talk

Advanced search

TTC after DnC confused about ovulation kits help!

(7 Posts)
xkatxdollx Thu 04-Apr-13 21:37:34

I had a miscarriage on march 18 and a dnc on march 19 i took an ovulation test today and it has a definate line but not darker or same as control line does this mean i have just finished ovulating or im about to ovulate im new to all this it all seems so confusing would really like some help please! smile

ChocolateCremeEggBag Thu 04-Apr-13 21:45:27

Hi katz - have you had a BFN on a pregnancy test yet? You can definitely ovulate straight after a MC, but equally you could still have HCG hormones in your system which will be picked up by the ov test.

If you have stopped bleeding, I would say just DtD anyway (if you want to ttc straight away)

Also come and join us on the posifrickintivity thread on here if you like, we are pretty much all in the same boat or have been in the last few months.

xkatxdollx Thu 04-Apr-13 22:07:35

I havent taken a pregnancy test yet but i had sex last night and the night before i was supposed to wait 2 weeks to have sex after my dnc so i wouldnt get an infection and now im worried i missed my ovulation and ill try and find that thread iv been on mumsnet for a while but still dont know how to get around the site hahaha

EuroShaggleton Thu 04-Apr-13 22:14:28

I had a natural mc and oved 18 days after it started (I didn't use a test - I feel it and I temp). My mc started on the 12th March, so just a few days before than yours. Your OPK could show the LH on the way up, on the way down, or be a hangover from the mc. I'd just go for it anyway in your shoes.

Good luck!

xkatxdollx Thu 04-Apr-13 22:20:22

So if i take another test tomorrow and it gets darker then i hopefully will be ovulating soon or if it gets lighter i have just ovulated and hopefully had sex at the right time or its just still my bodys left overs still showing up on the test? And it wasnt a faint line it was just a couple shades lighter than the control line so does that mean anything?

ChocolateCremeEggBag Thu 04-Apr-13 22:55:57

Yes, if it's darker then looks like ov, if not could have ov'd or still have hcg in you.

xkatxdollx Fri 05-Apr-13 01:10:02

Ok thanks ladies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now