Talk

Advanced search

When do we give up?

(2 Posts)
textpest Thu 04-Apr-13 16:30:41

Hi. Been ttc for 18 months with no luck. I was on cilest for 15 years (up to Aug 2011) and before that my cycle length was variable and is now (usually between 30 - 35 days). Had a blood test in Feb 2012 and was told my oestrogen level was good but I needed a blood test to check my insulin levels (which was canceled twice by drs and I never rescheduled). I have used ovulation sticks but never got any positives and was doing temp but didn't really get ant movements up/down so stopped. I tried cervical position/texture but it never seemed to change. Not come on this month yet but I can feel it brewing. I am 31

So after all that the question is. Do I go to the dr now or leave it a bit longer?

EuroShaggleton Thu 04-Apr-13 16:51:22

Go to the dr now. Preferably one that has some idea what he/she is doing. Oestrogen and insulin are not the standard blood tests for someone ttc! (Or were they tests for something else? I'm not sure reading back.)

The usual first line blood tests are LH/FSH on days 2-5 and progesterone on day 21 or 7 days post-ov if you think you know when that is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now