Talk

Advanced search

Do you think it's worth going to the docs?

(10 Posts)
hypnotisingchickens Thu 04-Apr-13 11:48:43

I think I'm turning into an utter conception obsessed loon, and fear that this might be another step along that road. Wise MNetters, can you tell me if I'm wasting everyone's time?

I have one DS, who will be 2 in a few weeks. Concieved very quickly, normal pregnancy. We started trying again last July, again conceived first cycle, but ended in MMC at 8 +5. After two ERPC's (first one 'missed a bit') it took 6 weeks to get my periods back, and ever since things remain weird. My cycle is 40 days long, and my periods are super light and mucousy (sorry if TMI) and dragging on for 8 or 9 days.

My biggest fear is that there is something not right that will need some kind of intervention before I can conceive again. I know that after a MC your cycle and periods can change completely, but what I am experiencing now is completely alien. I have a docs appointment next week - do you think that the doctor will just send me away and tell me to come back if I've still not conceived in a year, or might they do any tests at this stage?

hypnotisingchickens Thu 04-Apr-13 18:13:31

Anyone? hmm

twentythirteen Thu 04-Apr-13 18:23:38

Hi Hynotising, I don't have anything useful to say but didn't want to read and go. I'm not an expert but it seems like you're at the top end of normal length of period if at all. Were your cycles regular before this pg? Did you mc around October time? It If so then I think it does seem possible for your body to still be regulating itself and a lot of women have talked about vitamins, espcially b6 helping to sort that out. appen. After my fist mc, which in itself was uncomplicated, I bled (not heavily and there were little breaks for a few days) for 3 months and medics just shrugged. After my last mc, which was seriously complicated, I was back to a regualr cycle time immediately. I think they won't do anything if you have a relatively recent successful pg and only one mc, but if not you could get the tests done privately. I'm sorry about your mc, it's heart wrenching, perhaps especially since your previous one was so straight farward. Good luck.

Totesamazeballs Thu 04-Apr-13 18:32:20

Hi!
I was worried about bothering the doctor about ttc #2 because my LP is coming up at 8 days after having my DS and B6 has done nothing, but they have sent me for hormone blood tests to check everything is as it should be.

This might in part be due to the fact that the doctor I saw was young, fresh faced and eager to please, but I think if you feel like things are not quite right, you should go.

hypnotisingchickens Thu 04-Apr-13 19:17:45

Thanks so much for your replies. I do feel like something is wrong because its so very different to how it was before the miscarriage. I've booked an appt with a really nice doctor so I'm hoping for something positive.

helenlouisey Thu 04-Apr-13 20:50:01

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear about your miscarriage. One thing it might be worth mentioning to your doctor is Asherman's, which could be scarring in the uterus caused by the two ERPCs. Maybe take a look at www.ashermans.org where there is lots of information.

Really hope it's just hormonal and your periods return to normal soon and your BFP follows.

Nicelife24 Fri 05-Apr-13 19:02:43

Hi I lost my baby at 21 weeks in 2011, my cycles were always regular but now they are every 41 days, it sos fustrating and Im wondering if tahts why I cant concieve. Ive heard starflower helps so Im going to try that, also reflexology helps. I may try it all next cycle lol

hypnotisingchickens Fri 05-Apr-13 19:09:59

Sorry for your loss nicelife, that's really awful. Yes, I've heard starflower is good too- will give it a whirl. I have a doctors appointment booked for next week so will let you know the verdict.

Nicelife24 Fri 05-Apr-13 21:02:38

Thank you, its been a rough time. I've heard agnus castus can muck your cycle up if its quite regular, so I couldnt recommend that, but I've not tried it. My friend who isn't ttc but had very irregular cycles took star flower and it worked, then she came off it and they messed up again, so is back on them and is regular again. I went for some the other day, but they are quite dear in h&b so I didn't get them. I seem to spend a fortune on tablets lately. I thought asda may have them cheaper, so will have a look when I go, unless someone knows where to get them cheaper?

Totesamazeballs Sun 07-Apr-13 19:02:17

Hi,
I think that herbs and vits help some and not others. At least that is what my doctor said. I appear to be in the latter category. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now