Talk

Advanced search

Worried about neurophen after miscarriage

(8 Posts)
Artyparty Thu 04-Apr-13 09:14:10

Hello,
We are ttc after a miscarriage. I hurt my back last week and had to take neurophen for 5 days.
We have 'tried' the last couple of days but my husband has just read that you should have 3 days clear of neurophen before ttc- we only had 24 hours.
I know crack addicts get pregnant but I'm more worried this time as I had a distressing miscarriage in February.
Time isn't on my side either, which is why each month counts....sad. Anyone know about neurophen & conception?

pumpkinsweetie Thu 04-Apr-13 09:21:12

I haven't ever heard anything about this!
I do hope not, as in ttc after a mc in February too sad.

I'm sure there is no concrete evidence to say that Nurofen causes any such problems.

Artyparty Thu 04-Apr-13 09:26:16

Thanks Pumkin. Good luck with ttc. Are you feeling nervous?

Artyparty Thu 04-Apr-13 09:26:42

I mean pumpkin!

pumpkinsweetie Thu 04-Apr-13 09:43:53

Yes a little, as i mc i do worry it could happen again but that's just the worrier in me!
My angel baby was only 6 weeks and conceived on the contraceptive pill, thought my family was complete (4 dc), but instantly i knew i would love my baby regardless, but he or she was not meant to be sad

I knew from then that i felt being a new mummy isn't over for me yet, and in the end dh decided with me to ttc no5

EuroShaggleton Thu 04-Apr-13 09:51:51

I thought the problem with taking nurofen when ttc is that it can delay ovulation? So it's not a serious problem. I'm not a medic though. FWIW, my clinic uses a drug similar to ibruprofen to prevent women ovulating before egg collection, so I was taking this drug from about a week before I would have ovulated up to egg collection on an IVF cycle.

NB. I am not a medic. Just posting from my own experience.

Katnisscupcake Thu 04-Apr-13 19:59:01

I looked this up recently.

Apparently ibuprofen can stop the egg implanting so as long as you don't take it around ovulation/implantation time you should be ok. The last few months I've come down with a cold the day of ovulation and haven't been able to take anything! Then was even more gutted when I wasn't pg and I had suffered unnecessarily!

Artyparty Fri 05-Apr-13 10:00:52

Thanks cupcake & euro....
I just couldn't have done without taking in as I could hardly move. I stopped two days before ovulation expected.... Do hope that was soon enough... We will see. Good luck all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now