Talk

Advanced search

could I be pregnant already?

(8 Posts)
MrsAnderson22 Wed 03-Apr-13 17:57:38

Are these pregnancy symptoms?
Hello, I am 29, married with 2 children age 12 and 9. On 12th March 2012 I had the mirena coil removed to try to conceive. I have used the coil as a form of contraception for 8.5 years. My experience is this- coil removed 12/3/12, had unprotected sex that night, I had very sore cramps early hours of 13/3/12, had spotting on 17/3/12 which only appeared when I wiped after using the loo, nothing ever appeared on a pad, it was watery pink to begin, lasted 4 days and on the final day was a little more brown in colour. We have had unprotected sex on many occasions since coil removal. So, my symptoms as of today are- feeling nauseous at night, carrying on through to morning (my son has just recovered from a bug though), very sore breasts lasting 2 days, they felt as though they were going to hit the ground when I took my bra off!!! Not sore now though. I have had a pressure feeling in my abdomen, not sore, just feels as though someone is pressing lightly on it with their hand. How soon after coil removal can I expect to fall? I had no periods for the entire 8.5 years I had the coil in, how long would they take to return? When would you advise I take a test? Obviously because I have had no period for soooooo long, I have no idea when I ovulate or when I would be late for a period. Thank you in advance for the replies I very much appreciate it.

NumTumMum Wed 03-Apr-13 18:39:46

I conceived immediately that I had my coil removed. I didn't even have a period beforehand so it came as a total shock. Could well be pregnant, time will tell!

NumTumMum Wed 03-Apr-13 18:40:28

For the purposes of dating, my GP took the day I removed the coil as the last day of my period if that helps.

MrsAnderson22 Wed 03-Apr-13 21:16:09

how soon after having your coil removed did you take a test?

MrsAnderson22 Wed 03-Apr-13 21:49:31

I should add that all dates above are meant to be the year 2013! not 2012, might be a different answer to the question!

NumTumMum Thu 04-Apr-13 10:12:56

I think about 5 weeks afterwards, but I felt queasy (I suffer terribly with morning sickness every time) so I was reasonably certain I was. The clearblue tests are very sensitive now.

MrsAnderson22 Fri 05-Apr-13 00:42:39

I was driving today and had to pull over as my mouth began to water, I was sure I was going to throw up! also really bad heartburn all day the past 2 days which I never get! either I'm just coming down with something or there's a good reason for it smile

NumTumDeDum Fri 05-Apr-13 09:32:38

Oooo get a test!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now