Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Clear Blue as mud!

(9 Posts)
DonFendi Wed 03-Apr-13 16:19:29

Right, this is my first post - please be gentle with me smile any advice you can give me would be very grateful!

We have been TTC for a few months and no joy, so this is my first month with the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor, alongside the Fertility Friend app. I'm on CD17 currently reading 'high', and have been since CD10. No 'peak' as yet...

FF says I will have ovulated on Saturday, which was roughly consistent with signs from other bodily functions.

Yesterday and today I've had SERIOUSLY sore boobies/nips! This is strange for me and entirely new. I would have thought that this might have just been my cycle settling down and possibly been a sign of ovulation, had FF and the CBFM not advised otherwise...

Could it be an early sign of pregnancy if I did in fact ovulate over the weekend?

How many of you didn't get a peak on your first month with the CBFM? Could I still have ovulated or is it unlikely?

Don't want to get my hopes up, as the CBFM is actually knocking them down this week!

Thanks in advance smile

HDEE Wed 03-Apr-13 16:25:17

It won't be a sign or pregnancy. At the moment, the embryo won't have implanted, so you therefore won't be producing any pregnancy hormones. No pregnancy hormones = no symptoms.

DonFendi Wed 03-Apr-13 16:28:30

Ah ok, must be nothing then. Harumph. Again!

How early can the first symptoms appear?

HDEE Wed 03-Apr-13 16:32:46

I'm the wrong person to ask re symptoms. I think most women want to be pregnant badly so imagine them from day dot. In my experience from having ten babies, even with twins proper symptoms (tiredness/sickness/sore boobs) didnt start til close to six weeks.

QuietNinjaTardis Wed 03-Apr-13 16:35:09

I've had itchy nips when I've ovulated so could it be a symptom of that?

DonFendi Wed 03-Apr-13 16:40:05

Thanks ladies, tbh I'm hoping it is a sign of ovulation, and that the CBFM is just missing my peak! That would make me happy.

I'm concerned that lack of a peak means I haven't ovulated though, can you ovulate without showing a peak on the CBFM does anybody know?

KatAndKit Wed 03-Apr-13 16:42:42

It takes the CBFM a month or two to get used to you. If it is your first month on it then it might not accurately identify your peak yet. It ought to next month.

EuroShaggleton Wed 03-Apr-13 16:48:56

I get sore boobs within 12-24 hours of ovulating usually - it's caused by progesterone which is there post ov whether you are pregnant or not.

DonFendi Wed 03-Apr-13 16:55:42

Fingers crossed I am ovulating then, will continue to get busy just in case the CBFM just isn't synced to me yet smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now