Talk

Advanced search

where the hell is AF?!

(10 Posts)
GoSuckEggs Wed 03-Apr-13 11:51:28

AF due last monday, POAS and nothing. POAS again this monday and nothing. Boobs feeling a bit tender. Still no AF, No cramping or anything.

What is going on?!

Unami Wed 03-Apr-13 11:56:31

I'm in this boat with you. I've had some on and off cramping, but that's it. And I'm all dry. Been dry all month. Not like me. A week late and waiting (which I appreciate is not a lot to many people but I was pretty regular before going on the pill). Confused.

GoSuckEggs Wed 03-Apr-13 12:01:12

It is odd. my periods were erractic the past year due to coming off the injection, but for the last few months they have been on time. confused

Sammieantha86 Wed 03-Apr-13 13:00:10

Im the same, now 5/6 days late, only thing showing white cm, last tested day af was due and was neg, i will be testing again tomo, dont want to get hopes up too much as body been playing games since coming off cerazette sad x

GoSuckEggs Wed 03-Apr-13 21:12:39

that's exactly how i am feeling sammie, keep getting a bit excited think 'ohhh this might be it!!!' but more convinced that it is my body having a laugh!

Sammieantha86 Thu 04-Apr-13 09:12:53

Ive held on for as long as i can i am testing with the OH this evening!! Cant hold out any longer xx

Unami Thu 04-Apr-13 19:53:20

Let us know how it goes Sammie. Fingers crossed for you.

I POAS this morning. Negative. AF is a full week late and this is the first time AF has played up. Recently off pill though.

Do you think there is any point in me going to a doctor to see what's up? DP keeps suggesting it, but I can't see what they'd tell me that would be useful.

Sammieantha86 Thu 04-Apr-13 20:05:45

Mines a negative sad( so frustrating isnt it!! Ive been off pill since nov now and obvs my cycles still everywhere sad( i was only on it for two months too!! Fed up now sad( they say it can take 6 months for ur body to get to normal so if not regulated by then im
Going to drs xx if ur concerned huni just book in better be safe than sorry xx

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 04-Apr-13 22:37:43

Are you certain that you ovulated? It is common for ovulation to be delayed due to stress/illness and other factors, and if ovulation is delayed then your period will also be delayed.

In my experience, GPs don't want to know about absent periods unless you have gone 6 months or more between bleeds. I went to my GP after 3 months and was told to go away and come back again after another 3!

GoSuckEggs Fri 05-Apr-13 09:04:54

AF has arrived!

a few months ago i went to the doctors concerned about my lack of AF and he prescribed a tablet commonly used to delay periods. hes reasoning was to take them for a couple of days before AF 'due' and then hopefully AF will appear when you stop. he said it may 'trick' my body into re starting.

Frankelly, i think that might have happened here. feeling a bit stressed, hopefully next month will be better!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now