Talk

Advanced search

A little blood before AF is due?

(6 Posts)
harry78 Tue 02-Apr-13 08:01:46

Hi Guys, I wonder if you can help. AF is due in Friday (although of course I am hoping for a Bfp) but this morning I have noticed a little blood... Thing is, same thing happened last month. I had been hoping then that it was IB but then AF came calling. Has anyone else experienced this, and does it mean I need to rule out a BFP for this month?

Estherf Tue 02-Apr-13 08:17:00

Hi Harry. When I decided to come off the pill to ttc I started getting spotting in the run up to af. Mine was usually brown, so old blood. Is yours red or brown? I did some research and found that spotting is nothing to worry about but can be an issue if ttc. Sometimes it indicates low progesterone which can affect implantation. I had day 21 progesterone test done and this didn't show problems. However, I read that taking vit b6 can reduce spotting prior to af and help with implantation. This worked for me! In combination with temp charting I got pg a couple of months later. Dd is now 6 months. Hope this helps xx

harry78 Tue 02-Apr-13 08:45:28

Thanks for coming back. The blood is pink and only very light. I'm off to the chemist though to see if I can get some vitamins! Am I too late for an ever hopeful implantation bleed?

Estherf Tue 02-Apr-13 20:07:22

It could be implantation bleeding, it's so hard to know. Guess you will know on fri! Fingers crossed for you x

harry78 Tue 02-Apr-13 21:36:28

Hmm...seems to be getting heavier. Think I have lucked out this month sad. Been and bought some pregnacare conception though which I have the b vitamin in them and have made a doctors appointment in case they have some advice....

harry78 Tue 02-Apr-13 21:37:14

What does temp charting involve?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now