Talk

Advanced search

AF 8 days late... Only negative HPTs

(7 Posts)
Lucysaysno Mon 01-Apr-13 13:24:32

Hi, I am a first time poster, so a little nervous. DH and I ttc for our first since 2011, MC in 2012. AF (normally regular) was due 8 days ago and have done around 5 HPTs since AF due (first response, clearblue plus some Internet cheapies) - all negative even when testing 4 days after AF due. However, no sign of AF yet (haven't tested in 3 days as its too much of an emotional rollercoaster) and am feeling some symptoms (which i have had since around the time of ovulating) nausea, thirst, tiredness, funny taste in mouth.

Could I be pregnant? i am thinking of going to the doctor tomorrow, but as I have been using sensitive HPTs, I'm not sure that there is much point...

Cutiesmummy Mon 01-Apr-13 17:37:42

Hi Lucy,

I had negative HPTs upto 8 days after AF was due. I tried again when i was 12 days late and the 2 lines were there!! It all depends on when you ovulate and the sensitivity of the HPT. I would suggest doing another HPT if you have not done one for 3 days. It will put your mind at rest.

Lucysaysno Mon 01-Apr-13 20:50:10

Thanks cuties... I will do a test in the morning and will report back....

Cutiesmummy Tue 02-Apr-13 09:24:03

Fingers crossed for you. Hope you get the result you are hoping for.

Wattage88 Tue 02-Apr-13 10:08:45

This happened to me last month. AF 10 days late all neg hpt was very confusing. My period did arrive on day 10 so no idea what that was about. Usually never late give or take a day either way max. I'd suggest give it to the 14 day mark then retest or make doc appt if AF still not arrived. Best of luck! X

Lucysaysno Tue 02-Apr-13 14:39:47

Thanks cuties and wattage...AF arrived this morning ( 9 days late ) - not exactly the outcome I was looking for, but quite happy to have an answer and to be able to move on to next month....

Wattage88 Tue 02-Apr-13 17:45:05

Exactly how I felt. Was awful not knowing. God my answer and back on again for this month. Fingers crossed to you too X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now