Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding Just After Ovulation

(7 Posts)
TheBananaStand Sat 30-Mar-13 22:44:52

Hi all, I've never posted before so apologies if this question has been covered before. Also, sorry if it's all a bit TMI...

This is our fourth month ttc, and last month was a little strange. I had faint positives on 13 and 14 dpo on pound shop tests then on 15 dpo I woke up to a really quite heavy period.

So we tried again this month and dtd on cds 12, 13 and 15. I had positive opks on cds 15 and 16 then some bleeding on cd 17 (this was brown and pink and more than just spotting but went after a few wipes) and more bleeding today, cd 19 (which was red again, more than just spotting but I don't think quite as much as the first day of AF).

After the blood on cd 17 I did some googling and hoped it may be ovulation bleeding, but today I did a bit of heavy lifting and I'm worried that this has affected things...I'm also wondering if last month could have been a chemical pregnancy and if that's thrown things out.

Sorry for the essay; any wisdom would be really appreciated! smile

TheBananaStand Fri 05-Apr-13 17:41:29

Just to follow up on this, I got my BFP this morning!

I'm still spotting a very slight amount of brown blood, and have been for a full week past ovulation, so I couldn't believe when the tests were positive today (9 or 10 dpo).

I tested this morning thinking there was no chance but my pound shop cheapie showed a clear, strong line immediately. I tested with a clear blue plus and got positive straight away.

I really hope it sticks! Do you think I should be worried about the spotting?

littlepinkfizz Fri 05-Apr-13 18:30:20

Fantastic news banana! grin

Sounds like implantation bleeding!
Keep your fingers crossed for me.. 10 mths tring...

Sounds like you had a chemical pregnancy last month.

Don't think you have anything to worry about but just make your GP appointment x

TheBananaStand Fri 05-Apr-13 18:50:56

Aw, thanks very much, Fizz!

All digits firmly crossed for you! smile

Katnisscupcake Fri 05-Apr-13 19:27:15

Hi there,

To be honest, if seems strange for you to get such strong bfps so early after ovulation. At 10dpo I think they would normally be very faint. So I wonder whether you ovd earlier than you think or even whether last month wasn't a chemical pregnancy. Or even, whether you may have been carrying twins and lost one... you can get a positive opk when you're pregnant. So it may be worth a trip to the GP.

But sounds like you're definitely pg either way so congratulations!!!!

TheBananaStand Sat 06-Apr-13 09:35:09

Hey Katniss, thanks a lot and thanks for the suggestion, I kind of wondered if this could be a possibility. I did only do opk tests on those two days and got a positive each day.

I can't stop manically doing tests cos I don't believe them! Did another this morning and again, strong and clear immediately.

I have to wait until Thursday to see my GP so I might try a clear blue digi to see how many weeks along it says I am.

gillywillywoo Sat 06-Apr-13 22:45:00

Congratulations!!!!!!!! smile X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now