Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Dtd - how much is too much?!!

(7 Posts)
ZolaBuddleia Sun 31-Mar-13 11:30:26

Yep, our GP said every other day. DP says conceiving our DD was the most unsexy thing he's ever done. grin

crazyhead Sat 30-Mar-13 20:03:09

I heard every day is fine and good if you don't suspect male factor issues, if you do then every other day.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 28-Mar-13 19:35:59

bugs the worst is when you get the reply of if we must....

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Thu 28-Mar-13 19:32:51

Every consultant I've seen (which is a few due to Mc's) says every other day and no more than that. After 2.5 years of TTC it is now a total chore. We even say 'Are we having sex tonight'!! Romantic hey.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 28-Mar-13 19:02:30

Three times a week, every week is optimal. That way you're unlikely to miss your fertile time. If you do it too much, it's not so much about quality as sex becoming a chore if you TTC for a while believe me, I know!

Trinpy Wed 27-Mar-13 23:09:25

Not as far as I know. I can't imagine it would be particularly helpful to dtd multiple times a day everyday, but sex everyday, for example is fine.

Springbells Wed 27-Mar-13 21:45:41

I know that more often is better for sperm quality, but is there such a thing as too much?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: