Talk

Advanced search

Expierences of Implant / Implaton removal and TTC

(6 Posts)
pizzaqueen Wed 27-Mar-13 16:33:53

Hi,

I was just looking for some reassurance that having the implant in for 2 years hasn't ruined my fertility.

I'm 24 and I had it in for 2 years. I bled almost constantly on it initially light spotting with heavier 'periods' but towards the end if was almost constant heavy bleeding. I visited clinic 3 times to ask to have it removed but each time they said I hadn't had it in long enough and put me on the pill with it which didn't help. Only when I said I wanted to TTC again (I have a 2 year old) did they agree to remove it.

Since having it removed along immediately I had an extremely heavy 7 day bleed (period?) and nothing since then, if 28 day cycle would be due today but no signs and a negative pg test. When will my cycle go back to normal?

For the last month since having it removed I've had terrible headaches and tiredness. Just generally feel crap.

What were your expierences of having implant removed and how long did it take you to concieve afterwards?

I am so scared it has done me permanent damage and I'm desperate for another baby.

pizzaqueen Wed 27-Mar-13 16:35:22

Should read 'almost immediately'*

On my phone.

lljkk Wed 27-Mar-13 16:47:22

I think I had mine about 18 months, lots of breakthru bleeding like you say, but no other difficult effects. I always had light periods, anyway.

Hang in there, give your body time to adjust maybe.

pizzaqueen Wed 27-Mar-13 16:54:36

Thanks. How long did it take you to get back to 'normal'?

Have you confirmed since having it out?

pizzaqueen Wed 27-Mar-13 16:55:09

Conceived*

lljkk Wed 27-Mar-13 19:54:24

Yup, got DC4 a few yrs later. Maybe 2 weeks to get back to normal, but I never have heavy flow, anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now