Talk

Advanced search

Shopping for DC you don't even have yet?

(9 Posts)
ExpatWifey Wed 27-Mar-13 12:02:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EuroShaggleton Wed 27-Mar-13 12:04:35

God no, never. It just makes infertility a hell of a lot more painful. Having to buy gifts for the offspring of friends is hard enough. I certainly wouldn't do that kind of shopping by choice.

CandlestickOlder Wed 27-Mar-13 12:11:00

I look but would never buy.
If and when I get a bfp I doubt I'll buy until I'm about to drop! Had a mmc myself and now have heard too many horror stories to want to count my chickens.

IrnBruTheNoo Wed 27-Mar-13 12:12:51

I personally did not do this. IMO, it's tempting fate. I waited until the 11th hour before buying stuff, tbh. I still wasn't convinced that all was OK until they were put into my arms.

ExpatWifey Wed 27-Mar-13 12:13:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 27-Mar-13 13:11:58

I did to start with. Then as TTC took longer and longer, it became too difficult. I then spent money on all the things that might help get a baby. I didn't really start shopping til I was about 16 weeks pregnant.

nananaps Wed 27-Mar-13 13:21:59

No, too painful if things dont go well.
These things would just be like a stab in the heart, repeatedly over years and years.
As someone else said, its bad enough buying for other peoples offspring when you are having fertility problems.
Bad idea inmho.

blondebaby111 Wed 27-Mar-13 14:19:35

No way!! I would never ever buy. A few years back we bought a baby monitor coz its was on sale..needless to say after 5 years have never got my bfp so a few years back we gave it to my mum to put away but I'm seriously considering getting rid all together. I just feel its tempting fate. Also years and years my aunt and uncle kitted out a nursery with everything possible for a baby, then started ttc and sadly they found out they couldn't. Just wait if I was you then you can spend, spend, spend.

twinklestar2 Wed 27-Mar-13 21:47:03

I'm the woman who cries in Baby GAP sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now